“Charming, warm staff! AWESOME breakfast, Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Petit Soleil, Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Luis Obispo
Petit Soleil, Bed and Breakfast
You added Petit Soleil, Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
1473 Monterey Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401   |
Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey
“Charming, warm staff! AWESOME breakfast, Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

First off.... San Louis Obispo is quite a town. It's almost so cute, it was cut out by a cookie-cutter! I stayed at this bed and breakfast (more of a lodge), for one night while traveling down to San Diego from San Fransisco. The staff is AWESOME, the location is pretty good, and the breakfast is to die for.

The room was cute.... until I realized I was surrounded by clowns... Qui.. italian influenced-french clowns... je ne sais quoi....

All clowning aside... (ha).... The place was so charming and comfortable that I didn't even think a balloon would come through the drain, or I would have to escape a death grip from a clown... I was exhausted... ended up ordering some food, relaxing in my room on a cold 40 degree night, and reading the guest book and a book about Pierrot the clown.

The room was large, the bed comfy, the bathroom spacious, products wonderful, and the turn key entry was the cherry on the cream... or creme or whatever.... The stay was amazing.
The staff provides a breakfast....... not just a regular cliche continental breakfast..... THEY SERVE A BREAKFAST. I had a Chevre and Leek Frittata type dish, a pastry, fruit, and a glass of tea. This was all enjoyed in the beautiful dining area. They have an outside patio as well, I decided to stay warm inside!

Everything about this place was great... Next time I'll just request a clown free room (btw if you can't tell.... I don't really care for clowns). I have to say, I won't be able to stay anywhere else in San Louis Obispo!

Room Tip: The parking lot is shared by the neighboring restaurant.... parking can get tricky. The town is rea...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I did not stay here, but I ate breakfast with friends who were here. WOW. Lovely breakfast room with a tea and coffee bar, plus a continental buffet (fruit, juices, home baked goodies), PLUS two cooked to order entree selections: egg and brie strata or banana-coconut pancakes. And you can order seconds! the staff was super friendly, and let us sit and talk at our table well past the official breakfast time.

I checked out my friends' room and it looked lovely, with a French country decorating theme.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed at Petit Soleil from June 21 - 24th and just loved this treasure of a bed and breakfast. We stayed in a queen room on the second floor with the pig theme "cochon". The room had a lot of character and was clean. The room is very small...it is not meant for hanging out in but for sleeping in. That was no problem for us as we fell in love with San Luis Obisbo and spent no time in the room! We loved the awesome bathroom, the free wi-fi, the amazing brunch and happy hour with free home made treats, delicious French and CA wines, and beautiful patio area. The parking was free but was shared with the restaurant next door. We loved the proximity to downtown San Luis Obisbo and the surrounding towns. We definitely intend to return to this gem of a B&B and the city we fell in love with...the happiest city in the US!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Baileys Harbor, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at this charming little hotel in November. We found it on Tripadvisor and it turned out to be be a great choice. My husband and I both loved it. The room was warm and cozy and the staff even brought appetizers to our room for us the night we arrived. The breakfast was outstanding and the staff very helpful. The location was perfect and we cannot wait to return!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DianeG1939
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for just one night on our way from L.A to San Francisco and came across Petit Soleil on chance.
With the warmest of welcome and the hugest of smiles we were shown to our French room which was just wonderful. For those who take life a little too seriously then think again about staying here but if you don't mind a little bit of french style cosy kitsch in your life, then this may be the B&B for you.
Quality has not been overlooked for theme. The shower was AMAZING, the toiletries L'Occitane, the bed was incredibly comfortable and the bath robes were the finest I've ever I've seen. Excellent WiFi and a decent TV were modern touches in what otherwise felt very much like a French country farmhouse room.
Last, but not least, HAVE BREAKFAST! There are the usual cereals, croissants, fruit etc but they also serve 2 'specials' a day which are home cooked from scratch. We had nutella baked homemade French toast. And yes. It was as good as it sounds.
A marvellous and happy B&B run by true Francophiles that know how to make guests happy.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Laura N
california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Nice 10 minute walk to main area of downtown. Really friendly service. Great wine and appetizers. I would honestly have preferred the more informal approach most bnbs have with help yourself vs being served because it allows you to talk to other guests but it was nice. Breakfast was lovely. The rooms were nice, clean, and the soaps etc were in unique bottles. I am rating this as more of a 4 star experience because of the loud trash truck at 5:30 am on a Sunday morning and I think it is about 40$ overpriced. We payed 219 plus tax for a room on a Saturday night. If it was a little cheaper 5 all the way.

• Stayed November 2012
Half Moon Bay, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel 3+ times and LOVE, LOVE it! The staff is fantastic, the food is great and the rooms are decorated very shabby chic! Very tastefully decorated and clean. Their turndown service is also much appreciated!

The hotel is a great location to downtown SLO and you can walk (or ride one of the hote's FREE cruiser bikes!). This hotel helped us fall in love with San Luis Obispo. Also, every single time the hotel has recommended a place to eat or shop, it has been worth it!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple