“Charming inn”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Luis Obispo
Petit Soleil, Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stayed for only 1 night, but would have happily stayed longer if time had allowed. We were welcomed with wine and appetizers served in a cute courtyard. Our king room was nicely decorated and very comfortable. Breakfast was delicious. The inn is within walking distance of downtown. We were fortunate to stay on a Thursday night when the town has a farmers' market and street entertainment. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Parking can be an issue. It can be a distance to carry your luggage.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 7, 2012

We generally drive from N. California to the L.A. area several times a year to visit family -- and we always choose the coast route south of San Francisco. It's a longer trip than down I-5, but the stop in San Luis Obispo makes it a comfortable drive. We always stay at Petit Soleil. This little "French" inn is delightful. The rooms -- though a bit dark -- are comfortable and stylish. Our last stay was in a room with a huge metal sunburst over the bed. At night there is always turn-down service, complete with complimentary truffles (the cookie jar in the dining area is always full at night -- yum!). In the morning, Petit Soleil offers a tasty breakfast -- we almost always opt for the daily quiche, a house speciality. In the late afternoon, there is always a complementary selection of local wines. We often spend time reading or journal-writing in the lovely little patio area. In short, Petit Soleil is the perfect stopover after a long drive.

Room Tip: If you don't mind climbing stairs, you may find the upstairs rooms have more light.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed only one night but it was very nice. Clean, great brealfast. As other have said, a bit noisy but not objectionable to me.

Room Tip: My choice, downstairs (due to the stairs and no elevator) but they all seem fine.
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We have been staying at another hotel on our last three visits to SLO, but due to a recommendation by our son (who is grinding away at Cal Poly) we decided to stay at Petit Soleil on Monterey Street.

This was a great choice! Bedrooms are whimsical yet very relaxed. Breakfast is divine and the bicycles on hand to borrow were a delightful way to visit and explore the town. Monterey Street becomes very tranquil at night so we had a quiet and peaceful sleep for two nights. My wife is a bed snob, so get a smile and a sigh of happiness out of her is remarkable!

We want to thank the owners and the enchanting staff at Petit Soleil. See you soon!

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Clean spacious room. Sweet, accommodating, helpful staff. Delicious breakfast specials to augment the pastry buffet. SLO and Paso wineries nearby. A lovely birthday trip

Reviewed May 12, 2012

Two years ago, on a college tour with my daughter, we happened upon this property and spent one night. It made an impression so I booked it for a road trip with my Mother (86) and Mother-In-Law (80) on our way to Santa Cruz. It was just as lovely as I had remembered. We booked the Joie de Vivre suite. It is extremely spacious with a fireplace, sitting area and impressive bathroom.

The location is great and the staff and owners are wonderful. We came down to enjoy wine and appetizers in the evening and enjoyed a delicious breakfast the following day. My son will be attending Cal Poly in the fall. This will definitely be my SLO "home away from home".

Room Tip: (Whoops. No swimming pool. I got carried away with the "excellents"). All rooms that I hav...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I stayed in Petit Soleil's only suite the night before and night of my wedding this past March and had the best experience. The location is excellent and central to downtown destinations, as well as easily accessible from the freeway. The suite was very spacious and offered the perfect amount of room for the hustle and bustle of getting ready for the wedding. I was not able to take advantage of the daily wine & appetizers downstairs but I was able to enjoy the breakfast both mornings and it was to die for! Far from your typical complimentary hotel breakfast, they offered a wonderful assortment of freshly baked goods and offered daily specials they made on the spot. It was quite delicious. The staff was very warm and friendly as well. When my groom joined me for the second night he couldn't stop talking about what a great find Petit Soleil was - we can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple