“Charming and relaxing...”

Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
los angeles
“Charming and relaxing...”
Reviewed November 1, 2009

My husband and I just returned from a two night stay, and we really enjoyed the Apple Farm. We booked the " Bounty from the County " package and what a deal we got!! The package is 299.00 for two nights, but we figured almost 100.00 in free goodies alone. Including free wine tastings, gas card, free pie, lunches, and breakfast coupons. The staff are so kind and helpful, and the cookies in the evening are wonderful. It was nice and romantic, oh and did I mention free cider in the room, as well as in the lobby? And hershey's kisses in the room too!! Upon leaving we were also given a 40.00 certificate to use in the restaurant on our next visit. The food in the restaurant was wonderful, big portions, and great service. Go and enjoy!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
Northridge, CA
Reviewed October 13, 2009

I booked the Apple Farm for my and my husband's 3rd anniversary. I booked a queen bedroom with the private hot tub in the Trellis Court. I expected the room to be on the small side because I had heard from friends that the Trellis Court are their smaller less expensive motel-like rooms. I was ok with that given we were getting the hot tub. The room was very, very small. It was too small for all the furniture they had crammed in there. The hot tub we paid extra for smelled of mildew. So of course for our second night there we didn't use it. So that was a waste of money. The bathroom is way too tiny to really get in and out of the shower easily. The water in the shower was rarely consistently warm. It ran either hot or cold and I found myself yelping out every few minutes at the random change in water temperature. This change in water temperature occurred even without using our toilet or sink. This means that the water heater is attached to another room and if someone in another room flushes their toilet you feel the effects.
The bed was comfortable and the room was very cute. It was just sooo small. Also, some people mentioned the wonderful turn-down service. You don't get that in the trellis court. I may stay at the Apple Farm again, but we certainly won't be staying in the Trellis Court rooms.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dancequeen79
OC, California
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My husband and two teenage daughters spent a weekend at the Apple Farm Inn. We've stopped by in the past for lunch and thought it would be fun to stay a few days. It is usually very expensive but they were offering a special promotion that fit our budget. It really was a great deal. We had a room in the main hotel with two beds and a fireplace and sitting area. We enjoyed the wine and cheese reception -- they were very generous with the wine and gave us great advice on things to do in the area. The front desk people were very nice and in the evening we found plenty of hot chocolate and cookies in the lobby. The reception and cookies and such are included with your stay. We were surprised and delighted at the Apple Farm.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2009

Great service from the moment I walked in the hotel to the moment that I left! This place is gorgeous, charming, romantic, and such a special experience :o) I have stayed in many beautiful hotels, but this is one of my all time favorites. There is just something magical and old world charming about it. The hotel is only rated 3 stars, but I feel that it deserves a much higher rating. It has turn down service which was perfect every night, with yummy chocolates, and that alone should bump them up well above 3 stars, but there are so many other things this hotel has going for it. We had a gorgeous canopy bed with beautiful linens, and a wonderful sitting area with a window seat. Also, there was a lovely basket of sparkling apple cider and Hershey's kisses in the room that was completely complimentary as a welcome gift, AND a porcelain apple to keep as a momento. But that's not all, in the lobby from early am until late pm they provide complimentary fresh baked yummy cookies (the really big expensive soft kind) and coffee and tea. I have NEVER seen any hotel offer so much for free just to make you feel welcome. Everything felt so authentic from the graciousness of the staff to the old world water mill out back. Stay here for a romantic weekend. You will love it!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Santa Barbara, CA
Reviewed September 25, 2009

We stayed here while attending a performance at Cal Poly. I have visited the gift shop & restaurant many times on trips up the coast, but had never stayed until this month. The hotel is absolutely charming. All staff were very friendly, they treat you like family. The rooms are spacious, extremely clean, comfortable beds, fireplaces in all our rooms. The decor is cozy and charming. There is a very happy and relaxed feeling at the Apple Farm. It makes you forget your hectic life, and takes you back to a simpler time. I highly recommend this hotel, and I hope they never change the hotel's charm and concept.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed September 9, 2009

We stayed for three nights over Labor Day weekend. Our room was great, two queens, the decor is kind of dated but still charming. The property has been kept up very well, Our room was done in tones of forest green and burgundy, and has a fireplace. Maid service was great and unobtrusive. We at breakfast daily in the restaurant and all of our meals were terrific. The only thing that I wasn't crazy about was that the beds are kind of lumpy. Other than that, everything was terrific, including the service.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Somerset
Reviewed August 17, 2009

The Apple Farm was a really quaint place. It was very flowery in the room, but this matched the image of the hotel. It had a working water wheel, fresh flowers in the lobby and freshly baked cookies and cider for free in the lobby too. I looked for ages for a decent rate in San Luis Obispo as it was a Saturday night and prices seemed to leap on the weekends. This place was about £90, which although sounds a lot, was one of the best prices I could get. We also had free internet in the room and had a good nights sleep. The restaurant on site was good for dinner, and we picked up cookies, muffins, and danish pastries for the morning from the bakery, all of which were excellent. We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely come back. The staff were all very polite and attentive too.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple