Apple Farm Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Peach Tree Inn(San Luis Obispo)
View Hotel
La Cuesta Inn(San Luis Obispo)
View Hotel
Lexington Inn(San Luis Obispo)
View Hotel
Super 8 San Luis Obispo(San Luis Obispo)
View Hotel
San Luis Creek Lodge(San Luis Obispo)
View Hotel
Sands Inn & Suites(San Luis Obispo)
View Hotel
Inn at San Luis Obispo(San Luis Obispo)
View Hotel
University Inn(San Luis Obispo)
View Hotel
Villa Motel(San Luis Obispo)
1,491 results
All reviewstrellis courtcookiesapple cidergift shophot cidercountry styleglass of winecanopy bedguest receptionwine receptionwater wheelbreakfast in bedmain buildingcountry hamchristmas decorationsfamily suitetake home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 16, 2006

Before staying at the Apple Farm I read some of the reviews on this site. To me it seems that the complaints about the hotels are from people that are just miserable and who never worked in customer service. The staff were amazingly helpful and polite. The rooms were very clean and very large. We also stayed in a king size bed room for 129.00 a night which was lower than almost anywhere in the area. In mine and my wives opinion, we are 25 years old, this place was not for old people, noisy, or bad. We had a great time.....and I think anyone who stays there will feel the same. If I were a future guest, I would call the reservations and ask for any specials, ask to stay in the 4 diamond inn, and ask for a creekview room. This place is very nice, and in my opinion pay no attention to the miserable people who posted negative comments about this place, the people are what they sound like MISERABLE and upset at the world!

• Stayed: January 2006
20  Thank dizzle014
Reviewed January 1, 2006

We loved our stay at the apple farm inn. The rooms are nice and cozy. The room has a fireplace and a love seat.

The evening cookies are really delicious and their apple cider rocks. If you have an option, pick the inn over their court rooms.

Stayed: December 2005
6  Thank Wilbur C
Reviewed December 21, 2005

My family of four just returned from a two night stay and had a nice time.
The good: check-in was smooth, the clerk very friendly. Our room was large with 2 queen beds, a sitting area, & fireplace. The decor is country and pretty. The Inn was beautifully decorated for Christmas. We enjoyed the cookies each evening, the complimentary hot cocoa, cider, and coffee. All staff were very friendly, kind, and helpful. It was quiet and comfortable. The amenities in the bathroom were nice- Apple Farm signature shampoo, lotion, lip balm, etc. The room came with 2 mini bottles of sparkling cider and Hershey kisses. Our room and the hotel were very clean.
The bad: beds were way too soft for our liking-old mattresses that need replacing (i.e sagging in the middle!) and the room smelled strongly of carpet freshener. The shower unit is an old, fiberglass unit and the counters a cultured marble. The bathroom could use some updating.
Overall, I would have thought this was more a 3 star property than a 4 star. The sheets and bed were not 4 star quality. It was a nice little getaway and my family had a good time. We ate dinner in the restaurant- it is good, not great, and overpriced. The bakery is wonderful, though. We bought muffins and scones both mornings-yum! I would recommend this place, but don't expect super fancy. Expect it to be what it is called, a country inn.

Stayed: December 2005
13  Thank nan831
A TripAdvisor Member
Lebanon, Ohio
Reviewed October 2, 2005

I have to be careful with this.

I know Apple Farm Inn is a great favorite
with many regulars who keep coming back year after year. Think "Quaint"
and "Charming" and that would right on target.

Also think Expensive and TINY rooms.

The setting for the Inn is pretty,with an old mill,a large and impressive main Inn building , and small motel style units surrounding it.

The staff seems to be composed exclusively of tall, thin, young people (your mom would instinctively want to pinch their cheeks.) The guests
appear to be very protective of "our place ". (My wife and I are in our 60's so the description of quiet and nice was appealing. When we came in through the driveway EVERY head turned our way (and there were a LOT of heads).

The good news-clean,quiet, decorated beautifully (think chintz and calico ) with a functioning gas fireplace).The downside was the room was TINY . There was a double bed, a chair and a small desk,and it nearly filled all the
available space.

There are other, more conventional places to stay in the area. I would
elect to pass on Apple Farm because at +$100 a night my curiosity was has now been fully satisfied.

If you do stay in San Luis Obispo , try a place called "Franks" for cheap,
and good breakfast and lunch. ) It's definitely not upscale, but neither
am I. I like places that have the "menu" posted on both the wall and the cash register. Its on the same street as Apple Farm, about 3-4 blocks north.

14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 18, 2005

I went to the Apple Farm for breakfast over the weekend and the service was horrible. The servers walked with their heads up high so that they don't make eye contact and totally ignored us. We had to keep asking for a server to get us drinks. My hot apple dumpling was not hot at all. It was actually very cold! The server who took our order said that there was suppose to be something with our order but actually she thought we had said something else. I thought this was a good place because of the reviews and from word of mouth....but in reality, this place really didn't hit the spot

• Stayed: September 2005