The Apple Farm Inn is the perfect place to stay if you decide to visit San Luis Obispo. My boyfriend and I arrived around 4pm on Friday afternoon where a friendly rep checked us in promptly and we eagerly went to our room (318) which turned out to be fantastic! There were so many details not normally found in other hotels rooms. We got a King Deluxe room and the first thing we saw as we walked in was a welcoming note and a complimentary apple to take with us as a souvenir. The room normally comes scented but due to our allergies we requested earlier that they not scent it. The bathroom was large and had the usual shampoo, lotion, and shower cap along with extras such as cotton balls, q-tips, lip balm, and a small bouquet of flowers. The only bad thing about the room was the shower head; they really need to upgrade them. The bedroom includes a desk and a sofabed. They also had a cd player on one of the night stands with a cd to listen to if you wish. Our desk held information on San Luis Obispo and a basket which contained some Hershey Kisses and two small bottles of sparking apple cider. It was already 4:30 so we decided to join the evening reception by the Millhouse. (The reception is every day from 3:30-5pm) It was quite lovely, the attendant offered us wine, sparking apple cider, or iced tea. The snacks were cubes of zucchini bread, cheese bread, and small peanut butter cookies. We relaxed there for about an hour and the attendant refilled out glasses a few times. For browsing pleasure, check out the Millhouse which sells their boysenberry preserves, crafts, and other odds and ends. They even sell their apple cider and homemade ice cream! Unfortunately I didn’t have a chance to taste their ice cream but I’m sure it’s quite good. We then went to explore downtown and by the time we returned, there were cookies and hot apple cider available in the lobby. We slept wonderfully, we heard no outside noise at all! The next morning I bought two blueberry muffins and some milk from the restaurant and brought it back to the room. Lots of food for a total of $5! Be sure to ask for their boysenberry preserves on the side, it goes great with the muffins! We were out for most of the day but when we returned in the afternoon our room was clean. I went to the evening reception again which was nice but they had the same snacks, they should change it every other day. We had a turndown service that night which included two mints on a pillow with a cute “Sweet Dreams” note. We ate at their restaurant the following morning and luckily I had made reservations in advance (our 9am reservation would normally have had a 30 minute wait). My French toast and apple link sausage were excellent and my boyfriend had an egg scramble mix which came with a choice of toast, muffin, or biscuit. Our waitress was friendly and made sure we were happy with our meal. (If you eat at the restaurant for breakfast and charge it to your room, you will receive $5.00 off of the charged amount.) It was then time to pack up and say goodbye to the Apple Farm. Everything was perfect and our visit went entirely too fast, but I will definitely be back in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Apple Farm Inn is located near downtown San Luis Obispo and very close to Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. All the rooms have fireplaces and complimentary wireless internet access. The property has a heated swimming pool, an on-site spa, a restaurant featuring comfort cuisine and an elaborate gift shop. It is centrally located for exploring the Central Coast with wineries and beaches no more than 10-15 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Apple Farm Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apple Farm Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Hotel Apple Farm
- Apple Farm Inn Luis Obispo San