“This place is the cutest!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Apple Farm Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Apple Farm Inn
Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
san francisco
“This place is the cutest!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2009

I had my baby shower in a cute little room attatched to a lovely patio. It was the cutest, perfect location i could imagine. It is impossibly quaint and floral. Magnificently upkept grounds with tons of flowers. The restrooms were a little inconvienient from the meeting room, but still good. the staff was very professional and kind. We also stayed in the room. we loved the little touches and the evening guest reception. the restaurant was delicious and very homey.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2009

We came down to SLO to celebrate our 6 month anniversary. The room was very nice and cozy(size wise) and we also had the hot tub which was spectacular! The cinnamon rolls at the restaurant were amazing as well.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Canyon Lake, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2009

We stayed in a sweet that was in the turret above the lobby. It was dated but gorgeous. Tons of windows and a great tub for 2. At night we could hear the frogs singing in the pond with a water mill outside our room. The room itself was quite, I was surprised we could not hear more noise coming from the lobby below. I will come back to this room again. Truly amazing. We also ate ate the restaurant on the property and the food was yummy, we ate a fried apple dumpling for dessert that is making my mouth water just thinking about it. I can't wait to be able to go back!!! I'll have to add pictures of the Apple Farm Inn.

• Liked — The rooms were big and comfortable.. and our room had a great view of the pond and working water mill
  • Disliked — a bit pricey
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2009

This was a spot we loved, so it pains me to write this. Avoid Trellis rooms, worst value in SLO, second class citizen. Called it our "Troll Room", if we weren't laughing we would've been crying. Like a shoe box, but smaller.
Old shabby comforter, something bit me during the night. We were en-route to Big Sur and were celebrating our wedding anniversary, and wanted something low cost for a pit stop on our way up, paid $150, too much for this. Should have stayed at Bellaserra suites, or Pismo or Avila Lighthouse for similiar cost and for a suite. If you have to stay here make sure you stay in the main house. Staffed by local college kids. If you enjoy eating and like freshly prepared food, avoid restaurant. Breakfast probably is safe. When we expressed our concerns to the front house manager we were offfered a coupon for cookies. Hotel has been sold, what a difference in overall appearance and detail.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank californialovesu
Los Angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2009

I was on a business trip and wanted to stay an extra night to relax and unwind in San Luis Obispo. I was seven months pregnant and thought it would be great to have a bit of time for myself. I had never stayed at The Apple Farm Inn before but on few prior occasions visited the Apple Farm Restaurant with my husband. I always admired the landscape and the grounds of the inn. Therefore, I was looking forward to my upcoming stay there after my business meeting was done.

My stay ended up being anything but pleasant. I have stayed at many hotels and inns at different price ranges and have never had such an uncomfortable stay anywhere before. I would of been better off sleeping in my car or booking a room at Motel 6. At least there, I could of gotten better value for my money and probably better sleep.

I discovered that the Apple Farm room that I booked for $150 was a complete scam. The room was tiny and there was barely any room to move. The little TV had a barely visible picture. The bathroom was tiny as well and the bathroom had a shower but didn’t even have a tub. Those were the positive highlights of the room as I soon discovered.

I decided that the size of the room and the bathroom were not that significant and retired to bed. As soon as I laid on the mattress, I felt like I had hard rocks underneath by back. The mattress was so hard that I think the floor might of been softer to sleep on. The sheets felt like sand paper and the material was of the cheapest quality. The pillows must have been bought at a 99 Cents Store and felt like they were filled with rocks. There were no blankets on the bed (except for the cheap dirty bed cover) and for half of the night, I was freezing. The frame of the bed was made of copper and metal and because I was next to the stairway, anytime a guest would go up the stairs, the bed frame would rattle, shake and scratch against the wall. I did everything in my power to fall asleep but by 4 am, there no shuteye to be had between the uncomfortable bed and constant screeching from the bed frame. So I called the front desk to ask if they had more comfortable accommodations. The clerk informed me that the mattresses are all different quality but he had no idea which were softer. In short, he could not help me.

After getting a few hours of sleep, I woke up with aches and pains all over my body. I could not wait to get out of the hotel. As I checked out, the front clerk asked me how my stay was and I nicely informed her the that my stay was very disappointing and explained why. Her response was “ Would you like to leave the charges on your credit card or do you want to use another credit card.” She was as helpful as the other clerk that I asked for assistance at 4 am in the morning.

As I was driving away from hotel and was admiring the beautiful outside grounds of the inn, I realized that the management of the hotel does everything they can to make the outside of the inn as attractive as possible so that they can trap their guests into thinking that the inside of the rooms will be just as well cared for and comfortable. Unfortunately that is so not the case. I will never stay at this inn again and will always remember my stay at the Apple Farm Inn as the worst hotel choice ever made. I hope that you don’t make the same mistake I did.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank HelenKM
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2009

We stayed here on our visit to Hearstt Castle, got a wonderful package deal that included a Hearst Castle tour. You can't beat the location in San Luis Obispo. Within walking distance to the wonderful downtown area, and very easy access to the highway. Rooms are extremely comfortable, nice bathrooms. Highlights, cookies in the lobby and a great restaurant on site! Only downside is noisy air conditioner units and missing TV remote controls. This was my second stay at the Apple Farm Inn and definitely look forward to coming back again

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2009

I highly recommend the specialty suites on the 3rd floor of the main hotel. I have also stayed in the trelis rooms, but don't recommend these as much. Staff is friendly and very accomodating. The restaurant on the premises has great food. We did a day trip to Morro Bay and it was nice to return to a warm cozy room. I would definetely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple