“It is expensive, but worth it”
Review of Apple Farm Inn

Apple Farm Inn
Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
San Francisco
“It is expensive, but worth it”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I AM a huge fan of this Inn - this is my second time to stay and I always stay in the main inn just because of safety. I didn't book the great deal of $129 in advance, I was driving through today and could only get the $179 deal which for me was well worth it as 1) I am tired, just drove from LA and2) I know that I am going to get a good night's sleep in a place that is very, very nice, very safe, and has a fabulous restaurant on the premises for a delicious breakfast. Just one pet peeve. When you say that there is a wine reception from 3:30pm through 5pm - then ALL items should remain on the table until 5pm. As much as I enjoyed the guest reception with local wine, delicious cheesy rolls, chef-mix snacks and salmon rolls that no one touched (who is going to eat fish that has been sitting out?), the friendly guy pouring wine started putting all of the refreshments away around 4:30pm, there went the water, snacks, and appetizers. By the time 5pm arrived, everything was long gone. Come on folks, really? Have EVERYTHING out and available until 5pm-as paid for and promised. Other than that, I am a big fan. I have been coming here for breakfast for over 20 years - every time I take a trip on the 101, this is the place.

Room Tip: Along the creek is dark in the evenings...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
applefarm, Public Relations Manager at Apple Farm Inn, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for your review and for your stays with us. We are thrilled to hear that you have enjoyed your stays and then we are your spot on the 101. Thank you for letting us know about your Guest Wine Reception experience. This is definitely not typical of our reception and I have addressed this with our reception host personally. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed here for one night as part of our trip to visit the California missions. We stayed in one of the Trellis rooms because of the lure of the private hot tub. The rooms are located below the parking lot, so when you go outside your room, you look up a small (5 ft) hill and see the cars. We enjoyed the hot tub. The room was very small and overdone in flowery fabric that covered everything (curtains, chairs, walls, tablecloth, lamp shades, bed posts - see photos). When we turned on the heater, it set off the fire alarm. There were silverfish in the bathroom and spider under my pillow. We called the front desk and were told that bugs are a problem in those rooms because of the close proximity of trees (really?), but we were welcome to stay next time in the main building. There is a wheel house (closed when we were there). They have a 2-story gift shop attached to the restaurant. Apple cider is sold at the gift shop and is delicious!! The entire property is all done in "Main Street USA" style - very fun. The illusion is shattered however, when you go into the restaurant which plays loud pop music. The food was good. We ate there for breakfast and dinner. If you get a chance, have a cheese flight at Meze Wine Bar (located on Santa Barbara Avenue).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and for your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize for the bugs that you found in your room. Please be assured that we do have very high housekeeping standards and that we do our best to keep the pests away. I have notified our Housekeeping Manager about this so that she may address this with our housekeeping staff immediately. We are working on renovation of our Trellis Court rooms to update the floral fabrics to a more simple country design. Once again, we appreciate all of your feedback as it continually helps us to improve and we certainly hope to be able to welcome you again in soon.
San Jose
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Thank you Apple Farm for your warm hospitality! We really enjoyed our stay! I especially loved your warm apple cider each day! The diner/shop was so charming. We dined there at breakfast and also dinner. Be sure to also try their amazing apple pie or apple dumpling! Yummy yummy! It was such a relaxing stay and We will definitely be back! Thank you again Apple Farm for your kind hospitality!

Room Tip: Stay in the classic rooms! They are so charming & adorable!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
applefarm, Public Relations Manager at Apple Farm Inn, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your recent stay with us. We are so happy to hear you had such a nice time and that could be your home away from home. Thank you for your restaurant visits as well. We will be sure to pass your comments on to our entire staff. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you for another visit soon!
Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Went to the Apple Farm over this last weekend!! We stay there eveytime we go to San Luis Obispo! The room is spacious, clean and updated with new paint, colors and a flat screen.
The fireplaces are a nice touch, as is the Apple juice and cookies upon checking in!!
The staff is very friendly and helpful. Wine in served every afternoon in a lovely courtyard.
There is always coffee and lemon waterr waiting for you in the lobby as well!! Overall it is a very comfortable cozy place to stay!!

Room Tip: Book ahead so you can stay creekside which I find a bit nicer!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate the time you took to write your review and for your recent stay with us. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that you have chosen us as your home away from home in San Luis Obispo. Thank you for your comments. We look forward to many more visits from you!
California
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We were on a bit of a schedule and traveling through for overnight stay only. Plan to return however for a bit longer! Stayed on Thursday, but hope to return for the Farmers Market experience. The staff by phone and in person were just what you would want. Even if a staff member did not assist you, the greetings and welcome came through. Loved the ambience and restful feeling. Stayed in Trellis Court with 1 queen bed. Perfect for our needs and lovely inside and out. Quiet also. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
applefarm, Public Relations Manager at Apple Farm Inn, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for your review and recent stay with us! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and our gift shop and restaurant. That is so nice to hear that our staff was so helpful and accommodating. We certainly appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you for another Thursday night visit soon!
Culver City, California
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I was on a CA road trip and figured out that I would be around SLO for the night. At a rest stop I got on tripadvisor (fancy that!) and this place had good reviews and looked very cute. The service when I called from the road and when I checked in three hours later was top notch.

I got a room in the Trellis Court, which is like a drive-up motel set-up but a lot prettier with flowers all over and ambiance. Loved my little room with the fireplace and although I've seen negatives about it I really liked the decor, it was over the top but in a good way!! The photos I took that are attached were not for my review but because I texted them to my Mom saying how cute my room was!

Now, the bad news. After hiking in Sequoia NP all morning and driving through Central Cali all afternoon I really wanted a relaxing bath and to watch Game of Thrones. Unfortunately the bathroom was a shower-only. Also the overhead light/vent in the bathroom was REALLY loud, it sounded like a generator humming. I actually thought it was a car in the parking lot with its engine idling! Lastly, the tv was circa early 90s at best, probably more like 80s. I was very happy they had HBO but the tv needs to be replaced ASAP, Westeros never looked so grainy and fuzzy!

Note : You have to pay a $4 fee that covers the cookies, wine, wifi and 2 bottles of water in your room and I feel like if they're going to offer those perks it should be included in the room price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback and your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the decor in your room and that you were able to relax after your hiking adventure. We appreciate your comments on the fan and TV in your room. We have just begun a major renovation at the Trellis Court and we will be updating all the TVs in the rooms to flat screen LCD televisions by early next year. Once again, we thank you for your thoughts and we look forward to welcoming you for another stay soon.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Felt like a 5 star bed and breakfast. Can't wait for next visit. Felt like a welcome guest and loved every minute. Fireplace gave perfect touch and took advantage of 'breakfast in bed' yum was wonderful to feel spoiled.

• Stayed May 2013
applefarm, Public Relations Manager at Apple Farm Inn, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
We appreciate that you took the time to write a review and for your recent visit to our Inn. We are thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful stay. Our Breakfast in Bed option is a guest favorite and is a great way to treat yourself in the morning. Thank you again for your comments. Looking forward to welcoming you again soon!