Apple Farm Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Inn at San Luis Obispo(San Luis Obispo)
$85
San Luis Creek Lodge(San Luis Obispo)
$139
$149
$129
  • Breakfast included
$128
$119
HIExpress.com
Courtyard San Luis Obispo(San Luis Obispo)
$129
Peach Tree Inn(San Luis Obispo)(Great Value!)
$99
Best Western Plus Royal Oak Hotel(San Luis Obispo)(Great Value!)
$113
$107
Agoda.com
$139
$135
Agoda.com
$205
Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo(San Luis Obispo)(Great Value!)
$89
$86
Travelocity
1,494 results
All reviewstrellis courtcookiesapple cidergift shophot cidercountry styleglass of winecanopy bedguest receptionwine receptionwater wheelbreakfast in bedmain buildingcountry hamchristmas decorationsfamily suitetake home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed here as part of our West Coast USA tour after doing the Pacific Coast Highway. What a little gem of a place!! The room was a proper suite with modern furniture and facilities. The front desk staff were great & we really enjoyed the complimentary apple juice and cookies. I would definately recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Stev&Mel
applefarm, Public Relations Manager at Apple Farm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Thank you for reviewing your trip to the Apple Farm! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us while you were touring the West Coast. We are happy you enjoyed the room you stayed in and the cookies and cider. We hope you will stay with us the next time you come to California!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed three nights over Labor Day. We had two rooms (two adults and two kids) the rooms were large and clean, pretty decor (a bit floral) and clean but unexciting bathrooms. The pool was small but pleasant, in the back away from the road and surrounded by trees. Hot tub was very hot! We missed the wine reception in the late afternoons but it was held in a lovely courtyard. We ate at the restaurant - pricey but of course awesome breakfast (they are known for it). We were given little coupons to take ten dollars off the bill which helped. They rent bikes for $25 per day. Plenty of parking, not far from campus or town. I walked into town twice but it might be a bit long for kids (maybe a mile?)
SLO was, as always, an awesome town to visit, and we even had sunny weather at Shell Beach.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
applefarm, Public Relations Manager at Apple Farm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review the Apple Farm Inn and Restaurant. We are happy to hear that you and your family had a wonderful trip. It is great that you were able to explore San Luis Obispo and the surrounding beaches. It sounds like you were all able to fully enjoy the long Labor Day weekend. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Apple Farm again in the near future!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed here with my family in a two bed room, and it was nice enough. You have to like the country decor - lots of wall paper, nick knacks etc. We checked in on a Saturday and went to the hot tub that night, and it was scalding hot. Management said they were looking into fixing. Back at the room, I tried to get on the wireless, but could not connect. I walked to the front desk, and the computer for guest use there could not access the internet either. Management said they were fixing it. Unfortunately on Sunday and Monday, it was still out. I asked why and they said it was taking time. 3 days is more than sufficient. The hot tub was ready day two. We went to the restaurant wanting a cappuccino, and was told the espresso machine was out of order. I was beginning to wonder how they maintained (or didn't) their equipment.

Our room was slightly noisy. We were in 114 and could hear the people above us tromping around and noise from the parking lot and maids. Overall, I was disappointed. When I complained at checkout, I did not get much sympathy or anything off the bill. My last time here.

The first evening we went down for wine and snacks. It was pretty good and a nice touch.

Room Tip: If you stay on the first floor, it seemed like the even numbers faced the parking lot. I would avoid these rooms and stay on the odd side that face the back of the building.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MadridClydo

Thank you for reviewing the Apple Farm. I am disappointed to hear about the problems you encountered during your stay with us. I can understand why the combination of these things would leave you unhappy with your visit. We strive to ensure that everything on property is functioning correctly but on the occasion that something goes wrong we work to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. When the internet went down our IT department started working on it immediately; however, due to complications it took longer than we had hoped to get it working again. It is very unfortunate that there were other malfunctions that you encountered but know that this is not typical of our property. I have passed your comments onto our General Manager who has used your review as motivation to be even more proactive. Thank you again for your feedback. It allows us to continuously improve the guest experience.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

This was our fifth stay at the cozy and homey Apple Farm Inn. Once again, we stayed in the main inn (not the "trellis court" motel units) in a "king specialty" room which had been recently renovated. Our spacious corner room faced the millhouse, patio, and creek. We were in room 107, which was on the first floor, pool level. In the past, we have stayed in rooms 207 and 307. The rooms in the main inn vary in size. Some of the rooms are average sized, but some are roomy and large. Most of the rooms in the "trellis court" are quite tiny. Each room is different. (color, furniture, and decor)

Our attractive room had a very comfortable king bed, a loveseat, a comfortable chair, a small desk with a chair, drawer space, a flat-screened TV, and a fireplace. The decor was upscale country with a lot of flowery wallpaper, tasteful knick-knacks, and many wall decorations. The average-sized bathroom was clean and pretty.

The lobby and hallways in the main inn seemed newly decorated with the same country motif. The decor is definitely a matter of taste; I have always liked it.

Although the pool area, patio, and grounds are attractive, there is not a lot of outdoor leisure space. There is a large parking lot that separates the restaurant from the inn and motel.

The country-style restaurant was homey. The food was yummy.

My husband and I enjoyed the daily wine and cider guest reception in the patio. The two hosts were very welcoming. The front desk staff, the grounds keepers, and the housekeeping staff that we encountered were efficient and friendly.

I recommend this lovely (and flowery) hotel to those that appreciate and like the atmosphere of an upscale country inn.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the larger creekside rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your very thoughtful review our property. It is great to hear that you have now stayed with us five times! We are so glad you have continued to enjoy your visits to the Apple Farm over the years. Our property has a very unique ambiance and we agree that the decor appeals to some more than others. During our renovations we are working towards a more contemporary feel with the same Apple Farm charm. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back for your sixth stay!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

This was our 1st but not last stay here. We loved the wine & appetizer evening and our cookies. Our room was very small but we expected that due to reviews, I think it was because of the hot tub included. We received a $5 voucher so we ate a great breakfast & my husband ended up getting his free as he killed a wasp for them. My only drawback was a breakfast is not included and as early risers the restaurant doesn't open till 7am so we had to wait around.

Room Tip: I don't remember a fitness center or spa.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed yourselves! It sounds like the breakfast you had at our restaurant was quite exciting. We apologize that there was a wasp in the dining room but we are glad you were able to fully enjoy your breakfast despite the disruption. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!