We decided to make SLO a stop along our driving trip up the PCH. I'm glad we did, as we really liked the town and the people. The Apple Farm is a cute, country style inn right off the highway. We were greeted by a very nice gentleman at the front desk, who got us our room promptly and offered us cookies from their on-site bakery. They were really good. My husband tried the free apple cider, which he said was delicious. We asked him where we could go for a great dinner. He not only made the suggestion, but also called and made reservations for us. And the suggestion turned out to be very good. We got to our room (queen room with a private hot tub) and, while charming, was very tiny. We hardly had room for all our luggage (we were on a 2 week + trip so we had lots of stuff). The TV is old and outdated and the bathroom is barely bigger than a closet. I actually liked the country style decor even though I wouldn't' have it in my house. Once we managed to get everything situated so we could actually be able to walk around the room, it worked out ok. We were just there for 1 night, but I honestly couldn't have stayed longer than that. It really is that small. The grounds of the inn are adorable. The old working mill is great, and at night they have white Christmas lights on all the trees. There is an outdoor pool, which looked really nice but we didn't have time to use it. We did use the hot tub, which was clean and the water was nice and hot. I do wish the jets were stronger, though. The free wifi was ok. The next morning we had breakfast at the on site restaurant. We had really high hopes for it. My husband had a cinnamon roll pull apart which he said was pretty good. I just had bacon, eggs, and a biscuit and the biscuit was one of the best I'd ever had. The service, however, really is not that great. Now the hostess and the ladies at the front counter were great, but our server was ok at best. She took a long time to greet us and take our order. She didn't check on us after we got our food. And when it came time to pay (which took forever also), she took our card and brought it back, but didn't bring the actual check for us to sign. By this time, we went up to the cashier ourselves because we had to check out by noon. We explained what happened and that we were in a hurry so they got us our check to sign. And the very kind lady at the counter was very upset that we had to come up ourselves to straighten everything out. She even went to find our server and couldn't locate her at all! She even offered to comp our breakfast. We told her that was unnecessary, since we actually did enjoy the food. So....here's my suggestion. If you like a quaint, SMALL, inn then this is definitely for you. You may want to skip the restaurant if you are in a hurry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Apple Farm Inn is located near downtown San Luis Obispo and very close to Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. All the rooms have fireplaces and complimentary wireless internet access. The property has a heated swimming pool, an on-site spa, a restaurant featuring comfort cuisine and an elaborate gift shop. It is centrally located for exploring the Central Coast with wineries and beaches no more than 10-15 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Apple Farm Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apple Farm Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Hotel Apple Farm
- Apple Farm Inn Luis Obispo San