We booked this by telephone as we were on the road about ten miles from San Luis Obispo. A friend had highly recommended it. They quoted $199 and we accepted, again based on the comments from our friend. What we didn't know was that we wouldn't be in the main building, but in the adjacent old motel building. The room was tiny. It was overly chinzy, but I can live with very outdated cutsy decor. I can also turn sideways to get around the bed (4 poster with canopy). What I can't tolerate is a backed up moldy shower. When my husband showered the water backed up. He stepped on the drain cover plate and it moved. It wasn't screwed down. Apparently, it had been unsecured to allow for previous work (which apparently hadn't fixed the problem). My husband showed it to me and it was obvious that the whole area which had been covered by the cover plate (4" to 6" diameter) was full of mold. It was ghastly. I took a picture and passed on the shower that morning. No way was I getting in there. So, off to visit friends with no shower and no hair washing.
When we checked out we asked to see the manager. It was Saturday morning and the manager wasn't available. The desk clerk said she was very sorry. The supervisor was helping someone else so we decided to wait. We felt that someone higher up should know as it is a health issue. While waiting the desk clerk told us that housekeping advised her it wasn't mold. Well, I know black mold when I see it. (Perhaps that's a training challenge for housekeeping). The supervisor also said he was very sorry. That was it. Nothing more. They weren't unpleasant, but it was a completely inadequate response. First, $200 for an almost impossible to navigate room and then a foul shower stall. We'll never return and will share the story with anyone who will listen. I have the picture to prove the story, attached
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Apple Farm Inn is located near downtown San Luis Obispo and very close to Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. All the rooms have fireplaces and complimentary wireless internet access. The property has a heated swimming pool, an on-site spa, a restaurant featuring comfort cuisine and an elaborate gift shop. It is centrally located for exploring the Central Coast with wineries and beaches no more than 10-15 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Apple Farm Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apple Farm Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Hotel Apple Farm
- Apple Farm Inn Luis Obispo San