“The Monster Burger is Still the best Burger!”

Franks Famous Hot Dogs
Ranked #30 of 304 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Atascadero, California
“The Monster Burger is Still the best Burger!”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Franks Monster Burger is still the perfect hamburger. Yes they have a big menu, but the Monster Burger is the backbone of franks. I have been going there for years and will continue!! Oh yes - and lets not forget the Breakfast burrito! I love it I can Call ahead and pick it up - yippee - and the salsa is very good too - You gotta remember - I love Breakfast burritos! - Still great after all those years! This my update of my earlier review, as I just finished another wonderful meal at Franks - and everything is still perfect. A great hamburger place!

• Visited June 2013

Columbus, Ohio, United States
“Don't get the hot dogs”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Surprisingly, for a place called Frank's Famous Hot Dogs, my chili dog was the least successful part of my meal. But the prices are good, the portions enormous, and the service is fast. My chef salad was excellent. The french fries were tasty, and the hamburgers that other people ordered looked excellent. But the dogs are too messy, the chili too bland, and putting fresh tomatoes and onion on the bun on top of ketchup and mustard, the drowning it all under scalding hot chili creates an odd half-cooked texture to the tomatoes and onions that is very off-putting.

Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“A must--ard!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My wife, whose motto is if it tastes good spit it out -- eats these like crack! The biggest decision is do we start with a corn dog or finish up with a corn dog -- because there will be a corn dog.

Visited September 2013
“I went there today .the cashier girl charge me $19.96,When I asked her for the price detail ,She gave me one but the total was”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I went there today .the cashier girl charge me $19.96,When I asked her for the price detail ,She gave me one but the total was $20!
How do you think this?
By the way I am a traveller and I can't handle English very well.

• Visited August 2013
Bradley
“MMMMMM!!!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We have eaten there more than a few times and I've loved their kraut dogs and their regular dogs. It's one of my favorite hot dog places around! Everybody is so friendly, too!! It gets really crowded at lunch time (I guess because it's close to the college?) so plan accordingly.

Visited September 2012