“Creamy delight!”

Add it.
Clancy's Ice Cream Parlour
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in San Leandro
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We were staying with friends who are life long residents of San Leandro. They've gone to Clancy's since they were kids and were eager to share it with us. We were not disappointed in the least. It truly is a creamy delight! There are so many flavors to choose from. There are your standard vanilla, chocolate, fudge etc, but there is also strawberry cheesecake, peach, and my personal favorite, Purple Yam, and other strange but delicious flavors. The Purple Yam was amazing! Wasn't sure what it would taste like ,but it was great! Think of mashed yams with cream in frozen form. Loved the variety and the scoop size. They give you HUGE scoops. It's a family owned joint and yes the decor is outdated, but that only adds to its charm. Eat at Porky's Pizza for dinner, then stroll across the street to Clancy's for a perfect, cheap night out.

1  Thank Hilliary

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I was nearby and took a stroll there on a hot day. I was suprised how 3 things we bought ran up past $25, I was not happy how a few extras was so expensive. Oh well next time try something else. The ice cream was o.k. and the service alittle slow since only one person was behind the counter.

1  Thank GNIFremont
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Same owner since I can remember and still just as nice. A bit pricey but you definitely get what you pay for (largest scoops around!). Don't be deterred by the outdated interior, just try it!

1  Thank HappyFeet215
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Large portions of ice cream, excellent sandaes, but I can't get over that the place is so dark inside and the clerk/owner wears the same stained vest the few times I've been in. Recommend family Loards Ice Cream in San Lorenzo.

3  Thank karl3554
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Been coming here my whole life. Family owned=very nice people and great ice cream!!!