“Not nearly what it used to be, disappointed”
Review of Horatio's

Horatio's
Reserve with OpenTable
Horatio's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 253 Restaurants in San Leandro
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: San Leandro BART station
STOCKTON
“Not nearly what it used to be, disappointed”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

This used to be one of our favorite seafood places with great service, but this time we went as a family, had a long wait, ended up in their bar/lounge area and the service was awful. We had to waive down the waitress over and over. The food was average and that was the most saddest part, the ciopino tasted old, couldn't make myself finish it. The bread was good as was the dessert but all the seafood tasted frozen or old, for the price that's not ok.

Visited October 2013
Matton B, Guest Relations Manager at Horatio's, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
OLGA P,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. It doesn't meet your, or our expectations. Please email me at kpraught@r-u-i.com so that I may talk to you more and make it right.

Again, my apologies.

Best,

Kelli Praught - GM

Alameda, California
“Maybe we went on a bad day”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We went for an early dinner last Sunday and waited almost ten minutes to be seated even though the restaurant was not at all crowded. Service was great but the food was just OK. As the other reviewers have mentioned the crab and artichoke dip was truly delicious. But, the portion size of my $24 pecan crusted (over-cooked) Mahi-Mahi was really tiny and it was served over a bed of what looked like minute-rice with just a small spoonful of sautéed summer squash with onions on the side. My two companions' dinners were rather disappointing too, especially for the price. No bread or salad is included with a meal, everything is ala carte. Even though we live fairly close by, we had not been to Horatio's in a few years because we felt the food had gone downhill while the prices kept going up but tried it again because a friend said it had gotten better. We do not agree and I doubt we will be back for the food. The view is of the bay is beautiful and the sunsets can be spectacular so it is a good place to stop in for a drink . You might have better luck than we did if you go for lunch.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Visitor_from_CA
Matton B, Guest Relations Manager at Horatio's, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Visitor_from_CA,

Thank you for providing your feedback. We apologize we let you down with the food. We take our food and guest experience seriously and we apologize for not meeting your, or our expectations.

We look forward to using your feedback to improve our operations and continually improve our guests' experience.

Best - The Horatio's Team
“Horatio's Restaurant in San Leandro, California”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

The crab and artichoke dip was heavenly! Some of the best herbal bread I have ever had was served there. Since the restaurant is near the bay, I got a little chilly, and they were more than willing to move me to a nice warm spot, up on a raised level. The art and dark wood accents were so authentically nautical. There is some serious art in the entrance way, and large, beautiful wood carvings. Our waiter was more than pleasant!

• Visited July 2013
Matton B, Guest Relations Manager at Horatio's, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Margot S,

Thank you for the kind words and feedback. Happy to hear we took great care of you!

Cheers - The Horatio's Team
“Superb dining by the picturesque San Leandro marina.”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Lunch combo was fabulous. Good menu selections, great table service, very appropriate portions and comparable price points. It all works nicely within the nautical atmosphere.

• Visited September 2013
Alameda, California
“Nice Surprise”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

It was the first time that I have visited this restaurant. Our waiter suggested the rockfish stuffed with crab. I decided to try something new. I was so surprised that it was delicious. Fish was fresh and the sauce was perfect. It was a wonderful combination. My companion had the maui. I got a taste. Just as good. I would highly recommend Horatio's.

• Visited September 2013