“Very good sole”
Review of Horatio's

Horatio's
Reserve with OpenTable
Horatio's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 253 Restaurants in San Leandro
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: San Leandro BART station
“Very good sole”
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Crab stuffed sole is one of the specials. It is crispy on the outside but moist inside. Very good. As a rule I order the specials when I travel on the theory it was either planned or looked good to the chef but either way is fresh. I also had the smoked salmon appetizer which was uneventful. I'd definitely go back.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great water front restaurant”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Right next to our hotel, great food and service. The wait staff were very friendly and accommodating.

Visited September 2012
Portland
“Great location and service but mediocre food experience”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The restaurant is in an area with very little competition. It’s in a lovely location, right on the water. The service was very friendly and attentive. The décor is nautical, warm and very inviting. The food though (at least what I ordered) was mediocre--not bad but not great.

The company website lists a Rib Eye & Lobster Special for $29.95 if you mention the ad. That’s what I ordered. I asked for my steak to be medium rare. When it arrived, it was somewhat pink inside but quite dry. When the server came by to ask how it was, I said it was ok but dry. Bless her heart, she took it away and ordered another. The chef brought out the second and assured me that I would like it better. (So you can see that the service really is very good.) Unfortunately, the second steak was more juicy, because it had more fat--a lot of fat and gristle. I ate it. It was ok. The lobster was very tasty. The meal was served with roasted potatoes that did not seem freshly made. The one thing that was delicious was the garlic bread. It was my favorite part of the meal.

I do want to emphasize how impressed I was with the service and the nice location. Maybe it was a bad day. I think it would be a great place for a date (assuming that the food would be better) or happy hour.

One other thing--which has nothing to do with the restaurant. I was staying at the Holiday Inn and took the free shuttle there. I have Sprint and had no cell service to call the hotel to send the shuttle back for me. Fortunately, the very nice woman at the hostess desk let me use their phone.

Visited September 2012
Tadley, United Kingdom
“Nice food although a bit expensive”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We were sat in a booth over looking the marina, it was wonderful. During ourt stay at the Marina hotel next door we ate here twice as very easy just to walk across. Both times food was great. Although a bit expensive the quality of the food is good.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank JANETTT7
Pacifica, California
“Horatio Hornblower by the Marina”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I've been eating and drinking off and on since 1985. Happy hour is every day! Outdoor patio great decor and really good food and great service staff. A bit pricey but, happy hour makes it better.

• Visited July 2012