“A hotel with a beutiful garden!”

Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in San Leandro
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn in San Leandro is a wonderful deal! The rooms were immaculate! The bedding was clean. I slept well! I went outside to smoke a cigar. The gardening was beautiful. I met the man responsible. It was a very pleasant experience. He was proud of his work and very happy to be with Hilton! I have traveled for more than 30 years for business. I never met a hotel employee more enthusiastic about his responsibility!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Momi17, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear James M M,

Thank you for taking the time to let everyone know how much you enjoyed our Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro, from the garden to the cleanliness of our rooms. I am glad that you were able to enjoy a staff members pride in his work.
We hope that it will not be long before you visit us again and give us another chance to yet again impress you.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro

Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

The front desk was very friendly and super professional. They desperately need a better gym. I usually pick HGI over Hampton for the quality of the gym but this one is very small and no bike.
Rooms could use some updating but overall if say it was slightly below most HGI's.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear meglord,

Thank you for taking the time to share with others how very friendly and professional our front desk staff is.
I am sorry, our gym is small and our rooms do need up dating. We are all looking forward to having renovations start. In the meantime our housekeeping staff works hard to ensure our rooms are clean.
I do hope that you will still choose to visit us when in our area and give us the chance to continually impress you with our service and cleanliness.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

really helpful staff and great location close to food and freeway access. The rooms are always clean and the bathrooms are maintained immaculately. Made to order breakfast was the best a good selection of fruit and the omelets were very well prepared.

Dear ,

Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your "great stay at the bay"! We take pride in our service and cleanliness and greatly appreciate you acknowledging this. I am so glad to hear that you were able to start your day right with breakfast in the morning. I agree the omelets are great!
We hope that you will return again soon!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Just your average hilton garden inn. I am a hilton honors member and typically try to avoid the garden inns. I don't feel that they are a very good value. $10.95 for a breakfast buffet is a little much when you can get the same at other hilton properties included in the room price. I was put into a handicapped room. A little annoying since the shower and closet is tough to deal with due to the design since I am not handicapped. I also wondered if a handicapped person needed the special room and I was occupying it then what would the hotel do. They have these rooms for a reason and I didn't feel right occupying it when I'm not handicapped and it may be needed for someone that is.

Dear Morleyf1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I appreciate you acknowledging that we do have a good staff.
Yes we do charge for breakfast, but it is a full breakfast buffet with cooked to order eggs and omelets. We have everything you need to start the day right.
I apologize for having you in a handicapp room. Unfortunately when you made your reservation it may have been the only room left available.
We hope that you will visit us again and give us another chance to impress you.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Despite highway noise and thin walls, this room was large, updated and comfortable. The beds are why I think it's better than a Hampton Inn. Thermostat worked perfect (this can be a deal breaker for me) and staff very friendly. I almost never eat dinner at an HGI but it was quite good. A large restaurant with bar serviced me well. Bring your earplugs but a good value, no parking fees and a good rate. No problem with getting into the hotel but it really is not close to the airport and on the Oakland edge. I also got an early check in easily by calling ahead.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Dear ddd1017,

Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your stay hear at the Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San leandro. I am happy to hear that you found our staff very friendly and our rooms comfortable. I am also glad that you were able to take the time to enjoy and nice dinner that was to your liking.
I am sorry about the freeway noise. That is probably our biggest complaint and unfortunately, I guess that is the price we pay for being so close to all of the great things on the 880 Drive. If you are ever in our area again let us know you would like to request the backside of the hotel which is quieter.
We look forward to having you with us again.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

The hotel stay was clean and very comfortable...Still nothing stood out as as being extraordinary. The breakfast is overpriced since the cost of the hotel room was elevated. The staff was professional and courteous. Im failing to see why a Hampton inn room of the same quality with free breakfast can be cheaper than the Garden Inn. I still am very adamant that the hotel was overpriced for what it was.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Staff in pm very helpful, clean, noisey if someone snoring next door, go somewhere eles for breakfast,fan in side room makes lot of noise also, could not shut off, wife not happy. Good snack store, taste cookies in lobby, friendly staff in pm, good advise on area and resuraunts. During heavy traffic times very difficult to make left turn into entrance.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Momi17, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear Russell M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. I thank you for mentioning how friendly and helpful our staff is. They all take pride in the service they give. We are very sorry for the inconveinence of the noise issues, breakfast, and access to the hotel. At Hilton Garden Inn, we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the near future. You Can Count On Us. Guaranteed.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Leandro
Executive Inn & Suites
#2 of 49 in Oakland
Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro? Share your experiences!