“Great Visit”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in San Leandro
Audubon, Pennsylvania
“Great Visit”
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a week on business. The room was clean and the staff was very helpful. The restaurant food was fantastic. I would definitely stay here again. It is close to 580 and 880 so convenient to any location. The beds are comfortable and there is a Keurig coffee maker, microwave and fridge is each room.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Momi17, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Shawn R,

We are happy to hear that you had a great week with us! It is very nice of you to take the time to share your comments.
I greatly appreciate you acknowledging the hard work our housekeeping staff puts into keeping our hotel and rooms clean and how friendly our staff is. . I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed our Keurig coffee maker. Its a wonderful new edition we recently included.
We would love to welcome you back!

Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Chattanooga, United States
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Bad location. Noise from traffic is horrible. Difficult to turn in to and leave. Rooms need updating and a deep clean. Carpets were filthy and walls/doors need repainting. Rooms just felt old and need of updating.

1 Thank Rex H
Momi17, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Rex H.,

Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town and let us know how we are doing.

Chino Hills, United States
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Although very close to a freeway, my room was quiet. The staff was very friendly and took care of a refrigerator issue quickly and the manager even offered to replace my warm beverages. The gym is small, with only two treadmills and one eliptical, but it does have an indoor pool, which was nice. I enjoyed both breakfast and dinner in the restaurant and once again the staff was very friendly. I was pleasantly surprised by the food quality too.

Dear Robert B,

Thanks for sharing with others the experience you had during your most recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro. Others who view your comments will appreciate knowing how friendly and caring our staff is.
I am terribly sorry about the refridgerater issue you encountered. We were very happy to replace the warm beverages with fresh ones.
We do hope that it will not be long till you visit us again.

Guest Service Manager
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed January 22, 2014

The entire staff were extremely friendly, helpful and courteous. I felt very comfortable as a result. The food served in the dining room was very good and price was also reasonable. Location is close to highway and the train (BART) station. Hotel provided shuttle service to surrounding areas; quick and efficient. service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Momi17, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Paul W,

Thank you for your comments with regard to your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked our team members. I am very proud of our hotel and the staff that I work with and enjoyed sharing your comments with them.
I hope that you will be visiting us again soon!

roseville, United States
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stayed here 17 days. The mattress was way too hard. Took me 3 days just to get used to the hard mattress. A pillow top mattress would really really make for a more comfortable sleep. Everything else was ok. Very attentive staff, smiling all the time and genuinely concerned of your well-being.

Dear Anthony J,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. Our staff tries to bring personal attention into every guest interaction, and I am pleased to hear that you received that attention.
I am terribly sorry about the comfort of the mattress. Were you aware that our Garden Sleep System beds are adjustable? If you were not made aware I apologize. The next time you stay with us the front desk would be happy to show you on the display at the front desk how it works. Again I apologize if we missed making you aware.
We look forward to haivng you visit again. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you ever need my assistance.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Good location, in house place to eat, nice beds. Close to the highway and I had a room near the lift, whcih made for a noisy night. Close to palces to eat and near my work. Parking was a little tight. I would stay here again.

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your stay with us and that you would choose to stay again! I appreciate you mentioning the assests of our hotel such as the location, beds and restaurant.
I am sorry for the noise from the highway. Unfortunately it is the price we pay to have easy access to all the nearby airports, malls and such. Making your next reservation please add a note that you would like a quiet rooms and we will do our best to block you in a room away from the highway or elevator.
I hope it will not be long till your next visit.

Denver
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I've been a Hilton Diamond member for 4 years- enough is enough!

1) disgusting hotel- house-keeping staff "cleaning" rooms at midnight? I can only guess that this hotel caters to the "hourly" crowd from the local ghetto
2) King bed turns out to be a twin!
3) TV has no reception except for over-air broadcast
4) WIFI is non-existent- I'm using my mifi
5) I fear I have bedbugs now!

Hilton hotels have completely tanked over the last year. Service, quality, accommodations... they are all absolutely sub-standard compared to Hyatt, or even Holiday Inn at this point.

Done- done, done, done with Hilton properties!

1 Thank Eric C
Momi17, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Eric C.,

We're sorry to hear that our services and amenities did not meet your expectations. We always look for guest input to let us know how we're doing and how we can make the guest experience more enjoyable. Your comments will certainly help us. We hope that we can invite you back for the quality accommodations you expect.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Leandro
Hilton Oakland Airport
#13 of 49 in Oakland
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport
Vagabond Inn Executive Hayward

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro? Share your experiences!