“Great place to stay and park if flying out of Oakland AP”

Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in San Leandro
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The locale is very good. The hotel itself although a generic Hilton Garden Inn is very well maintained and attractively decorated with a very pleasant staff. The property offers good comfort for an overnight preceding a flight, and at a reasonable price. My only complaint is that the shuttle service is very, very limited. It is particularly inadequate on the return flight to pick up your car back at the hotel. We were kept waiting nearly an hour seated inside the van while the one and only transport vehicle sat "under contract" for the crew of some third tier airline to get to the shuttle. We could have returned to the hotel and the driver come back to the airport at least once while my wife and I and another hotel guest were kept waiting and still been at the appointed pick up point when the crew actually arrived at the curb. It was explained that this local Hilton franchisee has a contract with this air carrier that the hotel's van must be there when this airline's flights arrive and the crew is overnighting at this hotel. Another van or even an SUV s/b available. This was no way to treat anyone staying or returning to this property but especially not a Hilton Honors Gold member in particular who is a regular customer.....It reflects badly on the entire operation and brand which is otherwise excellent.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Momi17, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Robert W.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. I know other readers take cues from guests like you.
I am sorry you had a less than pleasant expereince with our shuttle. I assure you that each of our guests are very important to us. We addressed how we could have handled the situation better.
Again I apologize for the inconvenience of the shuttle wait and I do greatly appreciate you sharing with others the highlights you did find at our hotel.
I do hope that you visit us again and give us another chance to WOW you!

A TripAdvisor Member
San Bruno, California
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Hotel is very nice and clean, rooms are comfortable ad its a good value. I would stay here again with my family. I would say that the indoor pool is nice but needed to be cleaned. The food was good and I really liked the coffee and tea that was available.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you choosing to stay at our Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro. I am very glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and would be happy to return.
I am terribly sorry about the condition of our pool. I assure you this is not our standard and it has been addressed.
I hope it will not be long before you visit again. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you ever need my assistance.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Very Good experience from the arrival to the departure. Would stay there again without hesitation. Food was good, rooms were clean and comfortable. Free shuttle service was very helpful. I have to have 200 characters in this review but I have said everything there is to say!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Momi17, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Jeffrey W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share you wonderful comments! I am sure that other viewers appreciate your short, but to the point message on how very good your experience was here at our Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro. It is not the quantity but the quality of the words you chose that is greatly appreciated.
I look forward to welcoming you back! Please let it be soon!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Excellent staff and comfortable rooms. I came here from San Diego to check out a potential grad school. After an 8 hour drive, I was greeted right away from the hotel front desk. Both staff members were very professional and out going. If you are staying within the San Francisco/ Oakland/ Hayward area, strongly consider staying at this fantastic hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Roger V,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a positive review of our Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro! I really do appreciate you highly recommending us to other viewers! I am always receiving such wonderful comments on the friendliness of our staff and I am happy to hear you enjoyed them too!
Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This is an extremely well run hotel with a very pleasant staff. They run a shuttle service to local establishments which makes getting around a pleasure. The room is very nice for this level of hotel. Breakfast is better than most and fresh. I would heartily recommend this hotel for travel to the San Francisco area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Momi17, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Steven G,

Thanks so much for the positive feedback! I am so glad that you enjoyed the services you received. I am very proud of the staff I work with because they really do care and take pride in the service they give.
It is nice to hear that you were able to start your day off right with breakfast in our restaurant. Thank you also for letting others know we have shuttle service. We go to and from the Oakland Airport as well as other establishments within a 5 mile radius of the hotel.
Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We highly recommend the hotel and it has and good food service. The location is safe and the staff is helpful. The pool was clean with plenty of towels. The morning newspaper is free and includes the NY Times.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Ted and Marja W,

Thank you for your comments with regard to your recent stay at our Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked our team members.
I greatly appreciate you highly recommending us others.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

The hotel has a very friendly staff at the front desk. I was greeted by a very nice young women and she was able to answer all of my questions. I like also the idea I could have had shuttle to the store or restaurant. I chose to walk for the exercise but if the weather would have been different I would most likely use the shuttle. I only wish the hotel had two large screen televisions in the lobby. I wanted to watch a baseball game while everyone in the restaurant area was watching a football game. The game was not available in my room.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Momi17, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Linda M.,

Thank you so much for spreading the word to others about our friendly staff at the front desk! I am proud to work with a staff that geniunely cares and each puts their own personal touch on their service.
I also appreciate you letting others know of our complimentary shuttle service. We are available to go to the Oakland Airport and within a five mile radius of the hotel. It is based on demand and availibility.
Yes I too wish we had two big screen TV's in our lobby so that we could accomodate different requests. Something we could look into.
I hope you will visit us again. Please let me know if ever I can be of assisatance to you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Leandro
Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#19 of 49 in Oakland

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro? Share your experiences!