“Good Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in San Leandro
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 13, 2013

God Hotel. Nice, clean, and roomy. Wish there was complimentary continental breakfast option, but Kids eat free option was good. Shuttle to and from the OAK airport was very helpful. We were able to return our rental car the night before so we were not rushed to go to the airport to take our morning flight next day. Overall, no complaints.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Momi17, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your stay with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro. I appreciate you aknowledging the hard work our housekeeping staff puts into keeping our hotel clean.
Yes there is a charge for breakfast, but it is a full breakfast buffet with cooked to order eggs and an array of choices to start your day right.
Thank you for letting others also know about our complimentary shuttle service which is very convenient for our guests.
I hope you will visit us again soon! Please let us know if we can do anything for you!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Not surprised at all with our accomodations. They never let us down. Very clean, good service, and the bedding made for the best night sleep I have had in many moons. I would highly recommend a Hilton for any reason at any location.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Cynthia H.,

Thank you for being a loyal Hilton member! We strive to make our guests stays enjoyable and relaxing. And our Garden Sleep System beds are a big part of making sure you get a good nights sleep!
Thank you again for making us your first choice! Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Much better than a Holiday Inn Express. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms clean. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. I though the breakfast was a little overpriced, but the food was good.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Momi17, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Daniel J.,

Thank you for your comments with regard to your recent stay at our Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked our team members.
We're so glad you noticed our housekeeping efforts. They work hard to make sure our hotel and rooms are clean.
Our Garden Sleep System beds are comfortable and it is nice to be able to have each of our guests be able to adjust the firmness of the beds to their liking.
We serve a full, cooked to order breakfast, more than hyou get at other hotels. Thus, we charge for it. It's a step above most hotel's free breakfast offerings.
Thanks again and plese think of us on your next visit to San Leandro!

Momi DeDeaux

Reviewed July 18, 2013

This was my first time staying at a Hilton and I was very pleased with the services overall. The representatives/staff was nice overall as well as helpful. Breakfast was good just didn't like the fact it was not included for the most part so I had to pay for breakfast daily for my four day stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Marijke A.,

Thank you for your positive feedback! I greatly appreciate your acknowledging our wonderful staff!
I am sorry we do charge for breakfast. We serve a full, cooked to order breakfast, more than you get at other hotels. We don't just give you cereal, yogurt and a few pastries. We give you your choice of a cooked to order breakfast with fresh eggs, bacon and sausage, pancakes, waffles, french toast, pastries, cereals, hot oatmeal. It's a step above most hotel's free breakfast offerings. We give you what you need to start your day off right.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro in the not to distant future.

Regards,

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Due to the plane crash (Asiana Airline), the Garden Inn was overwhelmed by guests (July 5-7, 2013). The 2 waitresses working in the restaurant did not received any assistance. The supervisor could have and should have made arrangements for assistance. Other than that, the stay was very good.

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am terribly sorry for the experience you had in our Great American Grill. The night of the Asiana crash was an unexpected situation and yes we were not staffed for such an emergency. I apolog ize that we did not handle things better and I assure that this has been addressed.
I am happy to hear that overall your stay was very good. I hope that you will visit us again and please do not hesitate to contact me should you need my assistance with anything.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Our stay at your hotel was wonderful. I brought my nieces to visit us at the hotel down to use the pool and they had a blast. The staff was always very kind and helpful. We had problems with our rental car and the manager on staff helped us get the vehicle started in time for us to make our flight. He was so wonderful. I did not write his name down, but he was a young african american man, maybe in his mid 30's and wearing a beautiful pin stiped suit. It was warm and I offered to hold his jacket for him. He was wonderful!!! Above and beyond the call of duty! Thank you!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Momi17, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Linda L.,

Thanks so much for staying with us during your visit to San Leandro. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed you stay. It's great that you were able to have a good time at the pool with your nieces.
Our staff tries to bring personal attention into every guest interaction, and I am pleased that you received that attention from who I believe is our shuttle driver Edward. I have let him know of your appreciation and he is most grateful.
Thanks again for the kind words and I really hope to see you the next time you are in San Leandro!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

The comforter was actually white and clean unlike other hotels with a dark ugly comforter to conceal any stains or mess. Very good location. Staff was very cordial and professional. Near freeways and restaurants and shopping. Mini fridge was useful. The free wireless internet in room was great.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Momi17, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear Vicent N,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate your sharing with others the wondeful ammenties our hotel has to offer from professional staff, to location, to complimentary wifi. I greatly appreciate you letting everyone know about our white duvets on the beds. We like to make sure you know that our linens are cleaned daily. there is difinately no way to hide stains on white linen.
I am very happy that you were pleased with your stay and we look forward to your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Leandro
Executive Inn & Suites
#2 of 49 in Oakland
Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro? Share your experiences!