“San Leandro”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in San Leandro
United States
“San Leandro”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Hotel is easily found and access to interstate is close. A few restaurants are within walking distance. Staff was friendly. Room was clean and we had no safety concerns at hotel. We did not use the pool so can not comment on this. If we ever return to this area will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Momi17, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Nancy P,

Thank you for your comments with regard to your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and liked our freindly staff.
We appreciate you letting others know about our clean rooms and the hotel area. We have many guests who get excited that we have an In and Out Burger within walking distance.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro in the not too distant future.

Momi De Deaux

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
sc
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The hotel was very clean and comfortable, however, one of the reasons I'd picked it was because it had a weight room. I successfully used it one time. The next time, as I was walking fairly fast on the treadmill, the machine quit abruptly, almost throwing me backwards. Then it would'nt restart. I tried the second one, same thing. Then I just gave up. I complained and they responded appropriately, though. I recommend this hotel, except for the weight room.

Room Tip: Breakfast isn't included. Their website is a bit misleading, but no, no breakfast. You got to pa...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Momi17, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear yobbb,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am happy you found our hotel to be clean and accomodating. Our housekeepers work very hard at keeping the hotel and we have a friendly staff that cares.
I do greatly apologize for your experience with our fitness center. We have since had maintenance done on both treadmills and they are up and running again.
Yes, we charge for breakfast, but it's a full cooked-to-order breakfast with everything you need to start your day off right. It's not just cereal and a few pastries-it's cooked-to-order with fresh eggs, bacaon, sausage, waffles anyway you like it, and all you can eat. We do also have the option of a Bed and Breakfast rate that does include breakfast.
I do hope that you will give us another chance to impress you. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you ever need my assistance.

Kirkland, United States
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Hotel is conveniently located close to interstate access. Hotel staff makes this location worth the stay! All amenities functioned as promised. The staff is very responsive and go out of their way to ensure 100% satisfaction.

1 Thank Timothy M
Dear Timothy M.,

Thank you for taking the time to share with others the pride we take in our customer service here at the Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro! We really do appreciate the time you took to write about us.
I have a staff that really cares and wants each of our guests to have an enjoyable stay. We want everyone to feel at home and know that we are here to assist with any of their needs.
I do hope you will visit us again soon. Do not hesitate to contact me should you ever need my assistance.

Fallon, United States
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have stayed here many times and am always satisfied. The staff is great and very attentive.Everything is there that you may need, Business Center, pool, exercise room, restaurant. Highly recommended.

1 Thank Michael T
Momi17, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Hello Mr. Michael T,

Thank you for taking the time to let others know about our great staff and how attentive they are. I am very proud of the staff that I work with because they care and really do want each guest to have a pleasant stay.
We appreciate you highly recommending our hotel and sharing with others the wonderful ammenities our hotel has to offer. Our great American Grill has a wonderful breakfast buffet with cooked to order eggs and omlets. I hope you had a chance to try out the new dinner menu.
Thank you again for the kind words and we look forward to your next stay.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Friendly service at check in.
Room is bigger than expected.
Microwave & fridge.
Clean room.
Room decor average but the bed is comfortable.
Not much around the hotel to walk to.
Hotel bar is small & not too exciting.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank VicandFawn
Dear VicandFawn,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your expereince during your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with your accomodations and the cleanliness of you're room. Our housekeepers work very hard to keep our rooms and hotel clean.
Our staff tries to bring personal attention into every guest interaction, and we are pleased that you received that attention at the front desk.
Yes our bar is small but we do have a nice sitting area around the fireplace that you are welcome to enjoy while having cocktails.
As for places to walk to we do have up the street from us a place with small shops and eateries and we are not to far from the Marina. Next time you visit, our front desk staff would be happy to help you with any information regarding what is in the area.
Thank you again for your wondeful comments and I hope that you will visit us again soon.

fresno, United States
Reviewed April 27, 2013

good hotel, only disappointment was breakfast the dining area is too small for that big of a hotel, other than that I highly recommend you stay here. The beds are wonderful,very clean and friendly hotel

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Momi17, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Andrew C.

Thank you so much for helping us spread the word about our Garden Sleep System beds. They are very comfortable and have the ability to be adjusted for every guest. I personally like a firmer mattress and my husband prefers a softer one. I wish we had a Garden Sleep System bed so we could have our own preferences.
I am sorry that the restaurant was full during the time you were here. I believe this is when we had a wedding group as well as a large chicro group. So it was even busier that usual.
I greatly appreciate your acknowleding our wonderful staff and the cleanliness of our hotel. Everyone works very hard to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable stay.
We're glad you noticed!
I hope you will visit us again soon. Do not hesitate to contact me should you ever need my assistance.

Guest Service Manager
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I work for a very large corporation that books at this hotel throughout the year. This hotel has all the basic necessities but there is one problem, the safety in the parking lot. I left for dinner at 6pm and returned at 8:30 to find my vehicle with the window smashed and valuables gone including a golf set. This happened 200 ft in front of the main lobby in their parking lot. I went to the lobby and they seemed very unconcerned. They made jokes and didn't even offer to call for a police report. I asked if this has happened before to a desk clerk in the morning and he told me it did at least once a month and maybe I should write a letter to the owner to get cameras installed. Really? I think a business that has a problem with customers vehicle safety in their own parking lot should have addressed it a long time ago. I was also told that a manager would contact me which never happened and i probably got one hour of sleep that night because I really didn't trust the employees when they said the would watch my vehicle for me through the night. I think just a simple apology from the hotel would of changed my feelings of this place but that never happened. On the bright side our company will never use this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank sc232423
Momi17, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Very Concerned Guest,
I do sincerely apologize for your unpleasant experience. Car break-ins are rare occurrence at our property, and our desk clerk was mistaken when he/she said it happened once a month. The thief unfortunately must have seen the golf clubs in the back seat of the truck. During our investigation our desk clerks reported that they apologized and then informed you that the police report needed to be made on-line. I’m sorry if that were not made clear. We would be more than happy to assist you in filing the online police report if you wish. We would never condone our employees making light of a guest’s misfortunes, and we could not uncover anyone who may have. If you would be so kind as to describe those employees to us – or better yet if you have their names – we will look into this further and retrain those employees as needed. I would welcome further discussion with you about this. Please feel free to call me at 510-343-8109 or email me at momi.dedeaux@hilton.com. Thank you for your feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Leandro
Hilton Oakland Airport
#13 of 49 in Oakland
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport
Vagabond Inn Executive Hayward

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro? Share your experiences!