“Awesome!”

Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in San Leandro
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed here on business and truly enjoyed my stay. Food at the hotel restaurant was fantastic and fast. The menu was reasonably priced for the portions and quality of food. The room was clean, comfortable and just right for my stay. Although there is not much in the area a 20 minute bart ride will bring you to some of the finest parts of San Francisco. The motel will provide a complimentary ride to the bart station just a few minutes away saving you on parking and driving. Also with the convience of the freeways you can travel around the area easily and experience the area to its fullest. The pavillion pantry has a wonderful variety at fair prices, even ice cream. Most importantly as a female traveling alone I felt very safe on the property. The staff goes above and beyond to make sure your stay is all you expect. I would highly recommend this location!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I am never disappointed by Hilton. This HGI is what you would expect, clean, friendly, fresh breakfast and so on. For work it was great for me because the freeway is right in front of the hotel so i only needed 5 minutes to get to my meeting. There was a 24hour fitness a mile down the road, great sushi place close by, which was recommended by the hotel staff & a Safeway grocery store in case you needed anything. Paul & Caroline did a great job serving breakfast. I didn't give it a perfect score because my closest door was really hard to close and the freeway is a bit noisy if you are a light sleeper.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the freeway / front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Paulette8907654532
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Having missed our flight home from SFO due to a late connection from New York, the airline gave us a voucher for hotel that was fully booked! After finding all SFO airport hotels and even downtown was fully booked, I turned to Hilton reservations and they came up with this hotel.

A $100 cab ride and the night manager could not have been more helpful when we arrived at 1-45am. We were soon settled in for a night's sleep.

A great breakfast with friendly had us refueled to start a long day.

This hotel is very close to a Walmart and other shopping. I was also able to treat my wife to her first In-n-Out Burger which was minutes from the hotel.

The hotel shuttle dropped us off at the closest BART station and $9.40 we were back to SFO.

I would certainly stay here again if I was ever in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pasgro
Reviewed July 9, 2012

So glad that I got this place for a very reasonable price. Better than my previous night's stay.
Great location because it's by the freeway. Friendly staff. As always, Hilton has their standards and it's always consistent no matter where I have been. I really enjoyed my stay and the price made it even better.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Kaaren M
Momi17, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Dear Kaaren M.,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We know that many people read reviews and take a cue from guests like you.
We really do take pride in living up to the standards of Hilton Garden Inns such as having a friendly staff, comfortable adjustable beds, complimentary wireless access, a restaurant on property that serves breakfast and dinner and much more.
I hope that you will be visiting us again soon. Please let me know if ever I may be of assistance to you.

Guest Service Manager
Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro

Reviewed July 9, 2012

The hotel was not as clean as most I have stayed but it was not nasty dirty, just noticed that the carpet area was not bright and clean looking. The room was a typical room with microwave and frige. It is located right near the freeway but I did not hear any noise. The staff was very nice and attentive they spoke as we came in and said goodnight as we went to our rooms. The only complaint I have is the beds although you can adjust the firmness of the bed it was still sort of uncomfortable. I like that it had a small bar area although I did not get a chance to use it. I also like that it is located near Wal-mart and other grocery stores. I would stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Dovealove,

As the Guest Service Manager of this hotel, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal guests like you. I apologize for the condition of our carpets. We are 12 years old now and our housekeeping staff tries their best to clean the carpets. We are looking forward to when renovations start and we can have the carpets changed.
I appreciate the acknowledgment of the ammenities of our hotel and the friendliness of our staff. I have said it before and will keep saying how proud I am of the staff I work with.
I hope you will visit us again soon. Please do not hesitate to let me know if I can be of assistance to you.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I've always had great experiences with Hilton Garden Inn properties and this one is no different. The staff was very friendly and accomodating, the rooms were nice, beds comfortable, and the restaurant served a nice breakfast. We only stayed one night but would definitely stay again if our travels bring us to this area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KellensMom
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Kellensmom,

I am Momi De Deaux, guest Service Manager at the Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro. thank you for your positive feedback! I am glad that you enjoyed your visit us. It is our pleasure to offer you great Hilton Garden Inn service.
Thank you acknowledging the freindliness of the staff and the cleanliness of our hotel. Housekeeping works hard at keeping our hotel clean.
Thanks again for choosing to stay with us and for reviewing our hotel. I hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Very pleased with our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. From the time we walked in the front door, everything was in order. At no time was I lacking in anything that I wanted. Even as I was leaving the hotel for my evening entertainment, I was thinking, "I sure could use a little pick-me-up right now," and sure enough, I glanced over at the front desk, and just like a gift made just for me... a nice assortment of cookies - not only chocolate chip, but also some tasty peanut butter cookies as well... just what the doctor ordered. (Needless to say, my kids were quite happy with that little treat - so they commented on how nice the staff at the front desk were.) Breakfast was great - everything our hearts desired, and the breakfast staff were really "on top of things" and quite helpful.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Byrd11
Momi17, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Dear Byrd11:

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay with us. I am so very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. I am very proud of this hotel and the staff that I work with and enjoy sharing comments like yours.
I am glad you started your day off with breakfast in our Great American Grill and enjoyed our cookies in the evening. We pride ourselves on being there for you and having everything right were you need it.
I hope that you will visit us again soon.

Guest Service Manager

Radisson Hotel Oakland Airport
Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront
Hilton Oakland Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro? Share your experiences!