“Feel like at home”

The Marina Inn on San Francisco Bay
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in San Leandro
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We only stayed one night at this beautifull hotel, we did not have enough time to explore the amenities it offers but the room is spacious, clean and warm, even through the Heater/AC unit kind of noisy but provided enough warm air for early December, bed is comfy, the bathroom is small where shower tall is recessed, you need a little manouver to open and close the door while the vanity is seperated.

We like the country style decoration of this hotel combined with the friendliness of the staff make you feel like at home. The early breakfast got more than enough food to let you have a good start of the day which for us is a long drive back to Las Vegas.

Don't forget thought, before say goodbye to this lovely hotel, you should snap few shots the boats and the yatches right in the back of the hotel because we are right on San Francisco Bay of California.

Needless to say, if we ever got back to San Leandro we will definitely sleep in this "homne sweet home" again.

Room Tip: My room right on the second floor,overlook to breakfast area, out side we had two love seats with a...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Marina Inn on San Francisco Bay

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Stayed here for the first time last Friday night and can't wait to go back. My in-laws did not have any room at their house during a pre-Xmas family get-together, so my husband and I stayed here for one night. Amazing customer service from Brittany the moment we walked into the lobby. She was very naturally friendly, helpful, and efficient. We slept in one of their "standard" queen rooms and had a great night's sleep as it was quiet and the mattress was excellent. Breakfast comes with the room, and I appreciated the good coffee, hard-boiled eggs, and 1/2 grapefruit as neither my husband nor I eat like sugary pastries, etc. They also offer FREE bikes to ride along the bay on the "nature" trail and we took advantage of that and really had a good Saturday morning ride! What a plus - in our minds! The wi-fi was also free - another plus. Horatio's Restaurant is right next door and they have a killer happy hour, too. This place is indeed a hidden gem!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2013

The room was small but the decor was lovely. Very clean and comfortable. No fridge or microwave. The breakfast room was very nice. Lots to choose from, not all carbs.

When we were there, at the end of October, the hotel was quiet although at breakfast, the room was full. We had an inside corner room facing the pool. We had a peaceful sleep.

They had a service to drive us to BART for a trip into San Francisco. They picked us up promptly after we phoned. Overall I feel comfortable recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We have stayed here on 3 occasions now and have recommended it to friends who have stayed as well. Location is awesome and close to most anything in the area. Super staff that is very friendly and helpful. Two great restaurants within walking distance. We would not stay anywhere else, this is a hidden gem for sure. Airport shuttle service is great breakfast by 6am is good along with tullys coffee....

Look no further

Room Tip: Bay view rooms are really nice
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fire2812
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here for a business trip. The location is a bit off the beaten path but it does overlook the marina. My room had a view of the marina and had a small balcony with 2 chairs. The room itself was ok, on the small side with a shower only, no tub. It was clean and the bed was comfortable. There is free wifi and keurig in room coffee. Every place I stay at there is always something that leaves an impression.. here, it's the friendly and welcoming staff, free breakfast in the morning, cookies at night and coffee downstairs 24/7. The price is fair and restaurants close by. It's also close to Oakland Airport and offers free shuttles!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Dejo54
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is a very nice hotel, tucked away near the Oakland airport. We paid for the marina view, which gave us a private balcony with a great view over the Bay. The room was large, but could use a little updating -- it wasn't until our second night that I found the power strip tucked under the desk. In this day and age of needing to charge multiple electronics, I've come to expect easy access to outlets. On the other hand, I particularly enjoyed having extra blankets handy. Too often those are hidden away or have to be requested.

The breakfast is pretty standard for a mid-range hotel. Waffles, toast, pastries, etc. but they do have hard-boiled eggs for some extra protein. It is nice it's included, as there are no other breakfast options nearby other than the sunday brunch at El Torito and Horatio's

I was pleasantly surprised by Horatio's next door. The dinner menu online looks pricy, but the happy hour appetizers are very reasonably priced and the bar has a nice view of the marina. A tiny quibble is the signage in the hotel lobby, which showed that Horatio's doesn't open until 4, which isn't the case.

I did hear a few planes taking off and landing during the night, but nothing kept me awake for long. It may bother lighter sleepers, though.

Overall, this was a great value and a nice place to stay. I will be back if I'm staying in the East Bay in the future.

Room Tip: Pay for the upgrade to a marina view with a balcony
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I traveled here for a training class for my husbands work. After an extremely long day of flying we arrived at the hotel at sunset to be met by a breath taking scene of the sun setting over the bay and sail boats! Photographers, you will want to bring your cameras. We were greeted with a friendly and warm welcome and checked in quickly! At the check in counter I was informed that while my husband was in classes all week, that the hotel would be happy to take me to the nearby shopping outlets or any where with in a few miles of the hotel. And if I wanted to be adventurous on my own they had bikes I could check out for free to use to travel and take to the nature trail to see the bay. Also before we made the trip to our room we were given free cookies!! Once arriving in our room we were very pleased! Our room was very clean and modern. Also included a mini fridge and microwave which are very nice when you are staying away from home all week! We slept very well and awoke the next morning to a free breakfast with a wide variety of pastries, fruit, waffles, hard boiled eggs, and cereals. Also if you want a nice place to dine out or have delivered to your door, Horatio's is next door. I would definitely want to come stay here again!!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel
Hilton Oakland Airport
Hilton Oakland Airport
#10 of 49 in Oakland

Been to The Marina Inn on San Francisco Bay? Share your experiences!