“Overpiced, fake Vietnamese food-Avoid”
Review of Vo's Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hayes Street
Transit: Located 3 blocks away from San Leandro Bart Station.
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I ordered a vegetable medley plate that listed the different vegetables it would contain. However, my favorite vegetable (& the one listed first in the menu) was missing. I asked the waitress about the peas & she told me that they are the same thing as the green beans in the dish! I told her "no, green beans are not peas". Then the owner came to say that peas were not in season, ha! What a terrible excuse when I had just bought peas at a store the day before.

We also had pad thai & it was the worst pad thai I've ever tasted. Pad Thai made from packets at the grocery store taste so much better. We had another dish that was okay but not worth the price.

Overall, even with 3 dishes for 2 people, we left hungry. In most Vietnamese restaurants I can't even finish one dish. The food was overpriced & bland.