“A nice place to stay”

Best Western Capistrano Inn
Reviewed February 10, 2011

Very pleasant staff; nice large room was clean and comfy. My husband was happy about the nice flat screen TV and proximity to the golf course. We would definitely stay there again.

This is a pet-friendly hotel, which was one reason we chose it. The $25 one-time (not per night/pet) fee was a bargain compared to many hotels. I was glad to note that there were no pet odors or stains from previous pet visitors.

The only cons: The constant traffic noise from the nearby freeway detracted from enjoyment of the balcony. (Not a problem in the room with door closed.) Sometimes, it was difficult exiting the property onto a busy street near freeway ramps.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wishin2travel
There are newer reviews for Best Western Capistrano Inn

Reviewed January 17, 2011

I can't say enough about how awesome this hotel is. My friend's home was flooded just before Christmas and the hotel took them Inn and gave them, and those of us there to help, awesome room rates. The rooms were very clean and even smelled nice. The staff was extremely helpful and accomodating.

While there, I met some senior citizens who were also staying there as their senior housing was flooded.

Thanks to this hotel, many people were not homeless over Christmas.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2010

The Best Western San Juan Capistrano is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to Best Western Hotels. I've stayed at many Best Westerns in the past and this is by far the worst. Our room was not ready upon arrival at late check-in, it smelled, and we had to deal with constant noise from the ice machine or cleaning staff. Needless to say, we did our best to spend the least amount of time as possible at the hotel. Room for improvement? Yes... new parking arrangements, friendlier staff, and a overhaul of the rooms is highly recommended. We will not be returning to this hotel, nor will we use Priceline to book our hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kevinpowertv
Robert G, General Manager at Best Western Capistrano Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to our establishment. We are currently under new management as of November 2011. We appreciate hearing your thoughts and your suggestions. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered. This will assist us when evaluating our guest’s needs and expectations. I hope you will come back and give us another chance to provide you with outstanding service in the future.

Reviewed October 26, 2010

Don't stay here!!! I called to secure a crib for our stay and the staff said they had one. When we got there I was told that they didn't have a crib and hadn't had one in months! Since I was traveling with a 15 month old this presented a real problem. The general manager told me it was my problem and he wouldn't refund my money so I could stay somewhere else. To make our night even worse, it was VERY loud with people partying (again, the staff didn't care). The rooms are shabby and all of the major lights are on a motion sensor so they don't stay on - they just keep flickering when you move around.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank jendevo47

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Best Western Capistrano Inn I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine accommodations and consideration we strive for with all our guests – the type of service in which we pride ourselves. We are under new management along with our General Manager. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered. Please know that your comments have been reviewed in detail and steps are being taken to ensure these types of issues are handled on a preventive basis. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us the next time you are in town. I can assure we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one. If I can be of assistence please call anytime.

Reviewed October 4, 2010

The door to our room would not lock and the telephone did not work. The rooms are shabby and noisy and the staff doesn't care.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PrismaticCalifornia

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to our establishment. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you encountered. We appreciate hearing your thoughts and your suggestions.We are currently under new management as of November 2011. Your feedback will assist us when evaluating our guest’s needs and expectations. I hope you will come back and give us another chance to provide you with outstanding service in the future. If I can be of any assistence to you please call.

Reviewed August 14, 2010

Great place if you don't mind a bunch of noisy people and zero charm.... the rooms are mediocre... my room has a nice balcony - but my neighbor for the night is chain smoking (allowed on the adjoining balconies) and the smoke blows right in my room. The front desk people are nice enough but one individual has the personality of a zombie and was completely clueless as to what a "rooming list" was for my party. Not much within walking distance but a Denny's... yay...... One member of my party had to change rooms as the room smelled like a "dead body". Lot's of noisy neighbors and loud talking people.... On a positive note - the owner/GM was VERY friendly and helpful. The pool was clean and the pool area was nice..... I would only recommend this place if it was an emergency and you had to get a room fast......

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2010

So you won't find a spa here but what you will find is a very friendly front desk staff, reasonably priced snacks and very unique/inexpensive souveniers in the lobby (and I have never purchased a souvenier in a hotel ever). The hotel is next to a few restaurants if you are not one of those people who only look to see what is around when you are entering the parking lot and that's it. The walls are a little thin and my daughter is telling me that the sheets aren't the best (she is 8 and just wanted to contribute to the story). Overall, I would stay here again and think that the people who are over-critical simply over paid and expected way too much for a moderatly priced hotel in a really nice town.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Juan Capistrano
Best Western Plus Marina Shores Hotel
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Doheny Beach - Dana Point
Residence Inn Dana Point San Juan Capistrano
Residence Inn Dana Point San Jua...
#2 of 3 in San Juan Capistrano
Dana Point Marina Inn
Dana Point Marina Inn
#8 of 12 in Dana Point
The Beachfront Inn & Suites at Dana Point
Best Western Plus Casablanca Inn

Been to Best Western Capistrano Inn? Share your experiences!