“Belgium on the Beach”

Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My son introduced me this delightful restaurant when he was doing his residency at Scripps-Green, La Jolla and I've been back many times. In fact, it's a mandatory stop whenever I head to San Diego. The service is impeccable, the atmosphere elegant, the food to die for. Dining inside or out on the patio is a quiet, peaceful experience. Impossible to rate it too highly.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

This intimate, exceptional epicurean gem sits inconspicuously across from the historic Mission in San Juan Capistrano, just on the edge of the Amtrak parking lot. Their French Onion soup is the absolute best I have EVER had, their food is perfect, their service is personal and their wine and Belgian beer choices extensive. If you are in search of the most wonderful ambiance and unforgettable dining experience you MUST add L'Hirondelle to you list of restaurants!

2  Thank k20hoyboy
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We went here on our first date over 5 years ago and the food and service have always been exceptional!

So much so that we decided it was the perfect place to get married.

Ali and the staff out did themselves by making our evening wedding on their romantic patio the stuff that dreams are made of.

Ali and his staff made everything simple and easy and as always the food and service were the spectacular intimate treat that we wanted to share with our families on our very special day.

When we came home from the honeymoon we were deluged with compliments from our families on the food, the service and our choice of locations.

The most wonderful part is having such a wonderful place where we can celibate our special evening for years to come.

2  Thank thebigmozier
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Had lunch here after touring the Mission. The food was excellent and the ambiance was lovely. We dined on their patio by the fountain. We had no trouble getting seated and the waiter was very helpful. Thoroughly enjoyed our meal. It was closed the last time we went, but it was a Monday so I'm hoping that is just their regular closing day. I would hate for the restaurant to go away.

1  Thank havebagwilltravel
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

This is our first visit. My husband ordered the sweetbread it was phenomenal. I had the petit rack of lamb. Finger licking good. Great romantic ambiance and delightful staff. We will be back!

2  Thank Nancy M