“Exceptional”

L'Hirondelle Restaurant
Cuisines: French, European, Belgian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Naples, Florida
“Exceptional”
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

This is our first visit. My husband ordered the sweetbread it was phenomenal. I had the petit rack of lamb. Finger licking good. Great romantic ambiance and delightful staff. We will be back!

2 Thank Nancy M

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Still wonderful....”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Just went to L'Hirondelle for the first time in years (since the original owner passed away). I have to say, everything was just as wonderful as the first time I was there. Looking forward to going back again soon!

• Visited August 2012
4 Thank Dan P
Rosemead, California
“THE PATIO”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I ate at "L'Hirondelle Restaurant" in San Juan Capistrano, CA on 4/18/2012. I've eaten there before. It's a wonderful place to have lunch when traveling from Los Angeles to San Diego. The name is the French word for the bird known to us as the Swallow. They have excellent food and service. My personal favorite is their salmon sandwich. Make sure that you sit out on the patio (if the weather permits) --- as it makes a beautiful setting for your meal.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Dwain C
Martinsville, Virginia
“Lovely ending to a beautiful day”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

A friend and I stumbled across this little gem after a day visiting the Mission San Juan Capistrano. As we were contemplating the menu posted outside a man stuck his head out of a passing car and yelled "the food is really good there." So we went on in, and both of us are very glad we did. The decor is charming, the service is excellent - very attentive and prompt - and the food was extremely good. I had duck, with the chef's sauce, and my companion had the tarragon chicken, and both were very well done. The house salad dressing with fresh dill was marvelous, and the fresh fig gelato (which we shared at the suggestion of our server) was phenomenal. The evening was capped by a "serenade" from the bells of the basilica, just across the street. I highly recommend this lovely little restaurant if you're in San Juan Capistrano.

4 Thank packardgirl51
Huntington Beach, California
“Beautiful patio”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We sat on the lovely patio for a lunch to celebrate our anniversary. The soup was wonderful...chicken curry. My husband had the sea bass and I had Poulet Marie...both tasty and well prepared. The only disappointment was the potatoes...lovely presentation but instant potatoes...not good!

• Visited June 2012