“THE PATIO”

Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I ate at "L'Hirondelle Restaurant" in San Juan Capistrano, CA on 4/18/2012. I've eaten there before. It's a wonderful place to have lunch when traveling from Los Angeles to San Diego. The name is the French word for the bird known to us as the Swallow. They have excellent food and service. My personal favorite is their salmon sandwich. Make sure that you sit out on the patio (if the weather permits) --- as it makes a beautiful setting for your meal.

1  Thank Dwain C

Reviewed June 25, 2012

A friend and I stumbled across this little gem after a day visiting the Mission San Juan Capistrano. As we were contemplating the menu posted outside a man stuck his head out of a passing car and yelled "the food is really good there." So we went on in, and both of us are very glad we did. The decor is charming, the service is excellent - very attentive and prompt - and the food was extremely good. I had duck, with the chef's sauce, and my companion had the tarragon chicken, and both were very well done. The house salad dressing with fresh dill was marvelous, and the fresh fig gelato (which we shared at the suggestion of our server) was phenomenal. The evening was capped by a "serenade" from the bells of the basilica, just across the street. I highly recommend this lovely little restaurant if you're in San Juan Capistrano.

4  Thank packardgirl51
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We sat on the lovely patio for a lunch to celebrate our anniversary. The soup was wonderful...chicken curry. My husband had the sea bass and I had Poulet Marie...both tasty and well prepared. The only disappointment was the potatoes...lovely presentation but instant potatoes...not good!

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Had the chance to sit outside on the patio during the best of weather. The food was very well prepared - service could not have been better. Will be back.

1  Thank phatfillTampa
Reviewed June 17, 2012

The service was exceptional...gracious and efficient.
The food is phenomenal. Our family has general managers in the restaurant industry and they were completely happy with everything. The appetizers, entrees, dessert, all were delicious. Our favorites were the house salad, peppered/smoked mackerel appetizer, lamb bucco, & trout.
They have an excellent wine and beer menu that caters to any taste.
The owners are on site, attending to the diners, and making sure that the meal is an event to remember. We were there on Fathers' Day and were rewarded with an excellent cigar to go!

3  Thank LasFloresStout