“Nice place; good food.”
Review of Cafe Mozart

Cafe Mozart
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Mozart is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: European, Central European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Enjoyed lunch with a small group of friends. We arrived near the close of lunch time but the staff welcomed us anyway. The ambiance was pleasant; lot's of dark wood paneling and old looking furniture pieces. As for the food we had soups and sandwiches and all of it was done well.

Reviewed September 2, 2011

Food, service, and ambience are all top notch. Prices are reasonable. I like to go there during the Holidays...very festive.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

Bigger than it looks and the food is exquisite. Has outdoor seating in the courtyard and in the front porch area. Indoor seating is in a lovely room with French windows. You feel like you've been transported to one of those small, intimate European bistros.

They have an extensive wine list, but because it was hot and I was tired from walking around the town, I just asked for the house white wine. The server asked me whether I liked sweet or dry. I chose the dry. She brought me a chardonnay that was crisp, delicious and not too oaky . Turns out it was from Chateau St. Jean which is one of my favorite wineries.

For lunch, I had the Maryland crab cakes that were delicious -- plenty of crab meat inside the thin crispy pastry -- just like on the East Coast. Instead of remoulade sauce, it was served with a light tarragon mustard sauce. It came with steamed veggies and scalloped potatoes like my German mother-in-law used to make. Yum. One of my friends had the spinach salad which combined the spinach with bacon, citrus, and berries which she raved over.. The other had the turkey avocado sandwich which was not on artisan bread, but it was very good sourdough. It was tasty enough that this usually picky eater took home the other half to have for dinner that night!

The service was attentive and informative. We're not the easiest group of women to serve, but our server answered our every question and brought us a meal that was just what we wanted.

I can't wait to bring my husband back to try their schnitzel. sauerbraten, spatzle, and red cabbage.

Reviewed October 27, 2010

Just wanted to write that I had a delicious lunch at a reasonable price at Cafe Mozart. Pleasant location and not too loud which makes it east to converse and enjoy the well prepared food.

Reviewed March 10, 2010

Let me start out by saying that I dine out a lot at all different kinds of restaurants at all different prices. I will never ever return to this restaurant and will tell all my friends and family not to go there as well.

One of my good friends put together a local networking event at this restaurant. Having been impressed by the food and the chef/owner, and staff during previous visits, she decided to have the event here. The event consisted of about 70 people. The owner had assured her that they would be able to accommodate the group with no problems and they were used to large groups because they do large parties all the time. From the time the event started until the end, our group was the ONLY business the restaurant had all evening- we did not even take up but half the restaurant. They were not ready for us when we arrived. The tables were to be set up so we can sit in larger groups to be able to talk. That was not done. The staff had to move tables around while we were all standing around waiting to be done. Let me say that the terrible service fell with ONE and only one particular server. My friend had issues with him in the past and specifically requested to the owner that he not attend to the group however the owner did not oblige and had him there anyway. He literally turned his nose up at us and went into a huffing and puffing frenzy (I kid you not) because my friend was not done with her appetizer when he came out with the entrees. My friend spilled a glass of red wine on the table because of the fact that the tables were not put together properly and there was a huge gap between them and was covered up by tablecloths. He later had the audacity to accuse my friend of "drinking too much" (1 glass of wine is apparently too much) and she should not drink anymore because she is spilling on the tablecloths. I could not believe his attitude. I have never in my life seen such awful treatment. It twas appalling.

The food was terribly over priced for the quality and and small portions. They have a very small wine list however they appear to have a full bar.

The owner did not come out once to see how we were doing. Nor did he even bother thanking my friend who brought him 70 customers that evening-the only customers of that evening! This in my opinion, is unacceptable. My friend was so saddened by the night given the fact that she had given the owner so much business in the past and to not even be thanked for that large event and then to have such insulting service.

There are so many good restaurants out there that have MUCH better food and service. Please take the above into consideration. The owner/chef does not appreciate what little business he actually gets and you will not feel appreciated there.

4  Thank JetSetterGirl777