“Malt shop and more”

Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My wife and I are avid burger and malt fanatics. Ruby's certainly fit the bill. If you have small children then inside, where the trains run around the ceiling, will probably appeal to them as much as the food.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I go there often with my family, and the service is always very good. My kids love the milkshakes, I love their french fries, and the cheeseburger with onions and mushrooms, The clam chowder is delicious . The location is really nice, the patio has a nice view of the street down there, Camino Capistrano, where you can see The Swallows Bar.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Food is average. It is franchise Restaurant. We had Birthday party to last day soccer party. Has train display going thru inside. Fun place for kids but does not have special area for big party and its upstairs not good for handicap or elder.
Near by historic San Juan Mission.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stopped at Ruby's for breakfast on our way to San Diego. The dining area is very clean and takes you back to the fifties era. There is a train track that runs around the perimeter of the restaurant and is fun to watch the different trains that run along it. Our breakfast was good but the kitchen made a mistake on our order and we had to wait for the third item to come out. I would go again. Pricing was reasonable. Food was fine. Service was ok.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is just your typical Rubys diner...until you go in the patio. They have a full bar out there! Yep...we sat in this patio overlooking the downtown area, eating a ruby burger on a gluten free bun sipping a margarita! Perfect afternoon!