“Clean, comfortable and great kitchen in studio suite”

Residence Inn Dana Point San Juan Capistrano
California
“Clean, comfortable and great kitchen in studio suite”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We enjoyed the spacious, clean and comfortable studio suite that has a modern kitchen that's fully equipped. They even provide grocery shopping service daily which we didn't try. Definitely ask for a room in the center of the building on the top floor. Being in the center, you'd be further from either side of train or highway. I could hear some train noise but not affecting sleep. When I reserved the room, I asked for a quiet room. So when I found out we're assigned a room very close to elevator, I was anxious but it turned out it IS the quietest location of the building. We stayed there for 10 nights and I could testify we really enjoyed our room and had good sleep for such a lengthy stay. The breakfast and evening snacks are also very good.

Room Tip: top floor in the center of the building, facing Costco and the pool.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Grace M, General Manager at Residence Inn Dana Point San Juan Capistrano, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Fantastic! Thank you for the wonderful feedback! We are so looking forward to host your future visits up here in the historic San Juan Capistrano and the scenic Dana Point area!

Cheers for a great summer!

-Grace M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Sydney Australia
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stayed here five nights in July and found it very comfortable. The bed was extremely soft and comfy as were the pillows. I always look for a comfortable bed! The room was spacious with a large computer desk and L shaped couch. Small kitchenette with a dishwasher and microwave. A fully cooked breakfast buffet was offered which was just ok but an added bonus we could take it outside to eat. I would definitely stay here again. The road noise was there but I personally did not mind and we did sleep with our windows open. It almost became like 'white noise'.

Room Tip: Our second story room faced the main street and we could open our windows safely and the noise did n...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Oz_Traveller50
Grace M, General Manager at Residence Inn Dana Point San Juan Capistrano, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Hello! Fantastic! We are so pleased that you had an excellent stay with us!! We are so looking forward to host your future stay in the area.

Have a wonderful summer!

us
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I am Pt MR member... average hotel, hotel manager not friendly, and do not greet anyone, ditto for the day time staffs. Don't expect anything special for Pt member, I seriously doubt they know what Pt members are. Poor management. Stay here because of location. This is probably the worst RI i have ever stayed in terms of response to our request and complaints.

RI at main street, irvine much better, friendlier staff

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Grace M, General Manager at Residence Inn Dana Point San Juan Capistrano, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Hello,

I am deeply sorry about your experience with us during your stay. Our goal is to deliver above and beyond service to all our guests. As our valued Platinum member - you have one of our highest priorities to ensure that you will have an exceptional service experience at the hotel.

I need to address this service issue - this is unacceptable. Rest assured that this will be address immediately with our service team.

Also, it will be great if you can email me more information on this regard that will help me research/address the issue. I can be reached via email at ri.snasj.gm@marriott.com. Please let me know the best time and number to call you.
Again, please accept our deep apology on this regard.

Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

San Diego, California
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed June 14th had a wedding to go to@5pm our room wasn't ready at 3:30. Check in time not till 4 but we were starting to stress still had to get ready! Angie at the front desk upgraded our room so we would have time! Then they shuttled us to the wedding!! Everything went great we got to the wedding on time. Thank you Angie

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hello and happy summer! Thank you for this was wonderful feedback regarding our great service!
I am so pleased that my team is doing above and beyond to accommodate our guest needs especially during our high summer season. I am so glad Angie did above and beyond for you/family!

I am sure that the wedding that you attended was fantastic! We are so looking forward to host your future stay again in the area!

Grace M
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Very nice property. Nice rooms, nice common areas, and a great staff. The drawbacks are 2, like many hotels in this area it is very close to HWY 5 so ask for a room far away. The second drawback is the main parking lot has barely enough slots to park your car...if you arrive late you may have to park in an auxiliary lot.

I would still stay here again but check in earlier.

Room Tip: Get room away from Highway.
Green Features: Great staff very friendly and helpful. The person who checked me in late offered to pick me up in the shuttle due to the fact they were out of parking spots.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Grace M, General Manager at Residence Inn Dana Point San Juan Capistrano, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Hello and happy summer! It was a pleasure hosting your stay! Thank you for making us your choice when travelling up here in the historic San Juan Capistrano and the scenic Dana Point areas.

Thank you for your feedback on the parking lot and room layout. At any time, please feel to call or email us depending on availability on regards to the location of your room.

Thanks again for this wonderful note. We are so looking forward to host you again in the area!

Po Box 1220 concord n.c.
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this motel last year for 3 weeks came back this year big difference in the way this motel has changed in the way that they like your business the manager not what you would expect the maids don't want to do their job ask for room to be cleaned all she did was made bed and didn't clean bathroom or leave coffee or soap or shampoo had to go to front desk and to top everything you have to pay 12 dollars a day for parking on top of the room rates

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Grace M, General Manager at Residence Inn Dana Point San Juan Capistrano, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Hello! Thank you for your feedback on regards to your stay with us last week. I am deeply sorry that there were areas during your stay that we could have done better. I will share your feedback with the team - rest assured that this will be address and accounted for on our end.

I wish that we had an opportunity to correct the issues during your stay. If you need to discuss this further, please feel free to reach out to me or De’Andre Gipson.

Thank you again for your feedback. Have a wonderful summer!

Middletown, NJ
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel was spotless. I stayed in a studio with a King and there was plenty of room! Clean room and linens...free breakfast was typical of other Marriotts I had stayed at and was perfectly fine. The breakfast area was a little messy at times, but the hotel was full when I stayed there. Although it was full, the room was quiet...couln't hear anything from the hall or neighboring rooms. As other reviewers have said, the train sound is a bit of an issue during the day, but at night it wasn't a problem and my room overlooked the tracks, but I also had a beautiful ocean view! Easy access to the freeway as well. Pool area was very pretty All in all, I would definitely stay here again if I travel back to the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Grace M, General Manager at Residence Inn Dana Point San Juan Capistrano, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Hello! Happy Summer! Thank you for this wonderful feedback! We are proud of our beautiful product and service! I am so pleased that you had a fantastic time visiting the historic San Juan Capistrano and the breathtaking Dana Point area!
Yes, the hotel is close to the train path, but majority of our guests seemed not to be bother by it. On a positive note, the hotel is in the process of working with the City of San Juan to create a long term solution for the train noise issue.

We are so looking forward to host any of your future stay in the area!

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Juan Capistrano
Dana Point Marina Inn
#8 of 12 in Dana Point
Quality Inn & Suites Oceanview
The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel

Been to Residence Inn Dana Point San Juan Capistrano? Share your experiences!