“Complete ripoff DO NOT STAY HERE”

Americas Best Value Laguna Inn & Suites
Orange, California
“Complete ripoff DO NOT STAY HERE”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This hotel is disgusting. My room was dirty with black marks on the bathroom walls due to fingerprints. The room smelled bad and the fridge smelled like rotten food. The lay out of the room is completely different than the pictures on this website. Not to mention I completely question the fact that some of the picutres on this site are listed as traveler photos when they look identical to the photos provided by the hotel with ultra bright lights and new linens. I paid $146 for one night in this dump and left within thirty minutes because I was so disgusted. The furniture was old, chipped and worn out. The couch had stains on it. I was afriad to sit on the bed. When we checked out thirty minutes after arriving, the man working at the counter did not even question why we were leaving so soon, he already had our money. I found a hotel near by in Aliso Vejio for $15 less, which was superior in everyway, including full breakfast in a sit down resturant (not in a closet as it is in this hotel), a full gym, pool and a beautiful clean room. This hotel is NOT a value compared to other hotels in the area, as alleged by the hotel manager in responses to other reviews on this site.

Room Tip: Stay in Aliso Vejio instead. It is just a few minutes away and has a much greater selection of new...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dre80

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Glendale, California
Reviewed July 25, 2013

7/20/2013 Unfortunately had to book this place all other hotels were fully booked. there on a business trip. The entire hotel old, room was musty, smelly had "MOLD" in bathroom big time! bathroom baseboards, fan, plastic tub mat over and under, roof above toilet. Furniture was dusty, blood stained pillows, stained pillow slips, sheets, bed skirt. Greasy smudged windows, hair dryer,mold even within the vanity mirror. Elevator, walkways dirty, stained, spotted gum walkways. entire place STUNK! Next to an "In and Out" at least 30 cars waiting at the drive thru and next to the train tracks. Never again, This place should be out of business. A public health hazard! Stay away, A terrible and horrible experience. Front desk has A bullet proof window?? Raunchy. :-(

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I booked this room in advance from Texas. I was scheduled to attend a concert at The Coach Housein San Juan Capistrano and was led to believe this was very near as well as the closest to the venue. Not true. It was on the northern edge of San Juan more like Mission Viejo. When I arrived and saw the location I explained my situation and that it was farther than I was expecting and asked if I could bail out they were very rude and non understanding. Explained their 72 hour cancellation policy and said tough luck. I got stuck with a full price charge. Bad customer service. No compromise. The outside was filthy and unkept I can only imagine the inside. Oh well.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank George A
jp012131, Manager at Americas Best Value Laguna Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you for your review. However, it is incorrect in the fact that our cancellation policy is 48 hours and not 72 that you had mentioned. Also, we do not state that we are the closest hotel to the Coach House, even though we are just a few miles north of the Coach House. As for our exterior and the rooms, most guests think it is actually in great shape. Most of our rooms are Suites with a separate sitting area, some with relaxing Jacuzzis, and all rooms now have either one or two 37" Flat Screen TVs.

Please do come and visit us again and this time take a look at our rooms and rates, and you will be pleasantly surprised at how economical it is compared to the other hotels in the area.
Laguna Niguel, California
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Was a little apprehensive due to the previous reviews on the noise and other stuff but was indeed thoroughly satisfied. When I notified the clerk of my satisfaction, she asked me if I wouldn't mind going on trip advisor and yelp and reviewing the property. I was happy to oblige. The staff was very nice, the rooms were spacious, clean, and well-maintained. They did not have a flatscreen TV or duvet bedding, but I didn't mind since I just needed a clean and safe place to sleep overnight. Also was watching my budget, so you can't beat it for 80 bucks. I will definitely stay here again when I'm in the area and in need of a hotel.

Room Tip: I like rooms on the higher floor, so nobody is above me.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Helen932
Thank you for your response. We appreciate that you enjoyed your stay. We work hard to make sure our guests have a positive experience and take their comments into consideration. In fact, we took your review to heart and have now added Flat Screen Tvs to all of our rooms, and improved our bedding décor, without raising our rates Thanks again for the review!
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 10, 2012

cockroach the size of a small bird running acorss bed-room floor.

they rented the room next to us to some teenagers & did not notice the 20 kids piling into the room

called front-desk twice nothing done about it

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Smith5490
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Gets one star because 0 in not an option. This hotel has it all, dirty, noisy, used bed linen, etc. The room we were in smelled like Lysol and keeping the windows open did not seem to help. Avoid at all costs.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dellanno31
Torrance
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We stayed here a couple of years ago -- recommended from the AAA book. This was one of the absolutely WORST places we had EVER stayed!! It is about 1 foot from the freeway and has train tracks on the other side. The room was disgusting -- D-I-R-T-Y!! The bathroom looked like it hadn't been cleaned in several days (or longer). It totally creeped us out! I wrote to AAA and complained -- saying how could they EVER give this place a decent rating----guess what?? They dropped the hotel from their listings the next year!

Room Tip: Go someplace else!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Carol W
jp012131, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Laguna Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Thank you for your response as we value all opinions. However, your response is a little outdated since it is based on a stay a few years ago. We have since renovated the property with new carpeting, bath tubs, vanities, paint, doors, etc. Our proximity to the freeway is what most of our guests seek. We have double payne windows in our guest rooms for an added level of sound proofing. Furthermore, we now have suites, jacuzzi rooms, family rooms, with free internet access, microwave and fridge, and parking. We encourage you to stay once again at our property and see the difference. Majority of our guests are very pleased with our services, amenities, price, and overall value. Please see response from guest who stayed more recently titled, "Well worth the Price". Thanks again for your review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Juan Capistrano
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn Mission Viejo Orange County
Homewood Suites by Hilton Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach
The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels

Been to Americas Best Value Laguna Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!