“Love this restaurant ”

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Camino Capistrano
Description: Near Marshalls in Plaza Del Obispo.Open daily, we provide fresh, tasty and hand made Thai eats w/ a full bar, import tap beer, and import bottle beer. Always open late! Come on in at Thai Juan On!
Reviewed May 9, 2018 via mobile

The food is so fresh and delicious. The menu is huge every thing I have tried is good. They also have a nice drink menu. The lime martini is so good. The server was great explains the different dinners.

Reviewed March 26, 2018

The Thai restaurant we usually go to had closed so we wee looking for another Thai place to eat. I had seen this restaurant many times but had never gone because I didn't like the name. Having nowhere else to go we decided to try it. We walked in the door and I was surprised at how nice it looked. It was large with nice tables and a lot of bamboo, One wall is lined with wine bottles. The waitress was at our table a few minutes after we sat to welcome us and get our drink order. It has a large menu a lot of interesting dishes. The print is large which is appreciated being 84 years old. the prices are a little bit steep. but fair. My wife ordered the Keaw Whan which was a spicy green curry shrimp in coconut milk and many vegs.@ $16.95. I ordered the Pad Se-ew with beef @ 16.95. My son-in-law ordered the Phat Kee Mao with chicken and shrimp @ $13.95 and my daughter ordered two Appetizers at $7.95 each.. Our dinners arrived in a short time. The food looked good was a fair amount and was very tasty. I say this will now be the Thai Restaurant we will be going to.

Reviewed February 23, 2018

The Name of this Joint is Catchy. Thai Juan On. Obvious Pun to ,”Tie One On.” The Owner is a Cool and Laidback ,Longhaired Hipster ,Thai Guy. You Dig it Man ! Cool Bro. The Place is Decorated with a lot of Bamboo. The Oversized Chairs are All Bamboo and Cushioned Too. The pleasant ambiance is sorta like a Thai Style Trader Vic’s. When you walk inside the first thing you notice is the massive Wine Collection scattered throughout the Restaurant in the Various Wine Racks. The Waitress was Thai of Course, and She was Very Nice, and Understands and Speaks Very Good English too.. She also Knew the Menu Well and made many Recommendations to us based on what sorta dish we were looking to Eat. Note: if you are Expecting or Used to a Traditionally Laid Out Thai Menu, then this Menu Will throw you off a little, it seems to be designed with Yuppies and Tourists in mind. It is laid out with Different Catchy and Cool Hip Nick Names for the Food Catagories and Hip Names for each Food dish . For Thai People and others in the know , the Thai Food Dish name is directly next to its Hip Food Dish Name! To describe the food is simple. All the Dishes have Base of Thai Ingredients and Roots, then it seems like they are all Gourmet Fusion Converted, with great quality of ingredients prepared with great presentation and geared towards a Flavor that Yuppies and Tourists would find most pleasantly acceptable and right. The Kithchen can adjust the Spicy Heat Level to your needs too !
Although the Price for their food is slightly more than the average and Traditional Thai Restaurant. All that I can respond to that is that this is not your average and Traditional Thai Restaurant. It is a Very Special Find with Gourmet Fused Thai Food and a Full Bar Located in the Back that stays open beyond the time the Restaurant Shuts Down ,in Case you want to Thai Juan On !

Reviewed January 27, 2018

Great authentic Thai food! Lots of things on the menu and some things that I have never seen on the menu from a Thai restaurant before. We went for lunch and it was not very busy, so the service was great. Big bar area with a good drink and wine menu as well. The restaurant is a lot bigger than it looks on the outside. The owners were there and talked to us for a bit too! Great place! I recommend!

Reviewed January 26, 2018

I visited for a family take-away meal in Dec 2017. The actual place is split into two, a bar area and the restaurant. Our food was well cooked and very pleasant, with delicate flavours (I sometimes wish Thai food had more 'oomph' and spicier/hot flavours), all packed well in a box. Once opened and spread across our table it became a veritable feast for us to share. We had all chosen something different, so the selection we had covered almost all meats and fish, nothing got left behind as we ate through the food.