“Nice lunch location”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Camino Capistrano/ Verdugo St
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

A nice lunch location for a holiday office party. Had the $13.95 lunch, mesquite grilled sirloin. Won't be eating dinner tonight. Nice, eight ounce steak with salad, vegetables and bread. Quite tasty. Ambiance is nice with enjoyable music in the background and the occasional train passing by. Attentive staff kept the beverage glasses filled and dishes bussed. Look forward to giving dinner a try.

2  Thank SpartacusScrimshaw

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

This my third Time at this restaurant, three for dinner and one for Sunday brunch , first time as for dinner, y left the place wanting to come
Back, great service, great food
Second time time was a Sunday brunch , I invited a couple of friends to try this place since we were going to be in the area, a it was embarrassing , terrible service, mediocre food, not good ,not a good experience at all (avoid brunch time, there are so many other cute places around the area much better).last night went Back for dinner and it was great , great service, food was perfect, still a bit slow but worth it, the mushroom appetizer is amazing ( enough for 2 people) steaks cooked great, I had the pork shop and was the right portion ( just request extra sauce!!!!). We are planing to go back for dinner again, and
Maybe with those friends we took for Sunday brunch .
L

2  Thank gustavor984
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The Vintage is very good but avoid buying a Groupon, Social Living, TravelZoo or any other discount coupon for this restaurant.

I've enjoyed the Vintage in the past as I will again but I will not purchase a Groupon, LivingSocial or any other discount coupon for dinner there again. I'm always suspicious of a restaurant that has a separate menu for LivingSocial, Groupon, Spreebird, TravelZoo or any other discount website and the Vintage is no exception.

The restaurant would like you to believe you're getting a great discount but the truth is you're only getting what you pay for. The claimed value of $115 for dinner for two or $230 for dinner for four on the initial advertisement is an exaggeration. Their claimed values are based on their regular menu portions but that's not what you receive on the discount coupon menu. The discount coupon menu is limited and the portions are much smaller than those on their regular menu.

I will say that the food is very good, the service is excellent and the atmosphere warm and inviting but basically, your getting what you pay for and nothing more when you use a discount coupon. But when they add on the sales tax based on their pre-discount prices then you tip on that pre-discount amount you've now overpaid for what it is you've received.

I recommend the Vintage just not with a discount coupon.

1  Thank Robin W
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I loved eating here with my Dad. it was delicious and fun to enjoy. The server was very amiable and it was great being able to enjoy the atmosphere of the location. I'm happy we tried something new and this was a great place to do so!

2  Thank Amber M
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I were here using a Travelzoo certificate for a four course meal for two. Having never been here before, these promotions are a great way for restaurants to get new people in. Todd was our waiter....he recommended the goat cheese/tomato appetizer to start off which was very good, although only two servings on the plate....one would think the normal appetizer offering would be larger. Our next course was spinach salad with wilted bacon dressing my wife had (wonderful flavor) and I tried the lobster bisque soup which as wonderful smokey richness. Entrees were yellow tail my wife had with an incredible sauce on top, she got the roasted red potatoes (best I've ever had, wonderful garlic flavor, moist)....I had the prawns as I did not want a heavy steak. Now one could hardly call these 6 shrimp "prawns"....but they were cooked perfectly, and I had them with the twice baked potato which was very good, not as good as the roasted reds....get those. Dessert was the famous peanut butter creme brulee...fantastic. The wife got the lemon tart which we had to take "to go" as we just could not eat another bite. We have decided that we can no longer do the multi course dinners as we just can not eat that much and remain comfortable....old age I guess.. We could second guess the portions maybe because of the "pri fix" menu, but one can not question the quality of the food and service here.

2  Thank Kenneth Q