Open today: Closed

Ways to Experience Mission San Juan Capistrano
from $38.00
More Info
1,596 results
All reviews audio tour california history gift shop lots of history orange county chapel ruins artifacts architecture butterflies beauty sjc volunteers
Selected filters
Reviewed April 18, 2019

I live 10 minutes away and never visited the Mission. I learned many interesting facts. The buildings are so well preserved and the tour presentation was personal and enjoyable. I also took pictures of the beautiful local plants for garden ideas at home. The Mission is also by the train, great restaurants and shopping. It's a fun day to bring visitors or friends.

Date of experience: March 2019
1  Thank Roulette2014
Reviewed April 17, 2019

We had some time to kill after leaving Laguna Beach before heading back to LAX for our flight home. My wife asked if we could visit the Mission, since she hadn't been there since she was a kid. I was kind of reluctant and expecting it to be similar to the mission in Carmel. I was wrong. This is a much bigger place and really interesting. So many pictures were taken! It is really well done and the staff is very friendly. After leaving the Mission, we went down the street to the Basilica which was amazing. So glad I listened to my wife!

1  Thank apilgriminprogress
Reviewed April 14, 2019

Return after away for 15 years. Remind me why I really didn't think too much of it before. Took my uncle to US and take him around. This is good for about an hour.

1  Thank poorfoodie
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

I have lived in San Diego for 47 years and had never been to Mission San Juan Capistrano, although I've been to the town district several times. I ventured to the gift shop and could see the amazing gardens.
The gardens were at full bloom due to a great rain season. The Mission displays and exhibits are very well done. Even if you are not Catholic, this is a great California history venue.

1  Thank Susan D
Reviewed April 8, 2019 via mobile

Set among other Historic buildings and restaurants in picturesque San Juan Capistrano. Trestles is in the old Train Station building. They have Great Enedame and the Sangria is made to order. I plan to return and try other dishes and drinks

1  Thank joev696