Open today: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Ways to Experience Mission San Juan Capistrano
from $38.00
More Info
1,596 results
All reviews audio tour california history gift shop lots of history orange county chapel ruins artifacts architecture butterflies beauty sjc volunteers
Selected filters
Reviewed March 12, 2019 via mobile

I visited the mission with my husband, brother and sister-in-law. The mission was incredible! There were so many beautiful plants and different fruit trees to look at. The structure of the old building was amazing and all the history behind it. I wish we would have been there a few weeks later for the swallow festival. Every each in March the swallows come back to that area of California and there is a big festival to celebrate it.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed March 8, 2019

This old Mission cries out with history, it is much larger than one would originally expect and the oranges growing throughout the mission are beautiful. To realize this was constructed so long ago with so little to work with is a testament to the will and fortitude of our forefathers. The ingenious ideas they utilized to construct the mission and the various uses they mad of what they had is inspiring. This is a trip well worth taking and spending some time with and one will come to appreciate what we have today far more than one would think. Enjoy the past and be thankful for your future.

Date of experience: February 2019
2  Thank Phillip O
Reviewed March 5, 2019

Amazing! Toured this beautiful historic place and was welcomed by the docents dressed in costume. Definitely should be on your list during your visit to this part of California!

Reviewed March 3, 2019

We almost did not go because there is an advertisement for a tour that pops up and says $35.00 but we went and were presently surprised that it is only $10:00 and $9:00 for seniors. We did the self guided audio tour and would recommend it for all ages.

Reviewed March 3, 2019

I have enjoyed my tours through the grounds as an art photographer along with the concerts I have enjoyed on the grounds and just returning when I can to see something new I may have missed. The grounds keepers are always working to rebuild or improve all that we enjoy throughout the years. It is a must to visit at least once in your lifetime.