“Good Cheap Eats near SAP Center”
Review of Poor House Bistro

Poor House Bistro
Ranked #36 of 2,367 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed July 11, 2016

Poorhouse Bistro is a nice spot walking distance to the SAP Center. They have live music and lots of outside seating. A good portion of it is covered so there is plenty of space even if the weather is not cooperating. They have a nice beer selection and a pretty large menu with something for everyone. It is an order at the counter place and they were really fast with food. The food style is New Orleans and the portions are large. I had the Jambalaya which was really good. They take reservations for groups of 10 or more. Definitely a good spot if you are heading to a Sharks game or Concert at SAP.

Reviewed June 22, 2016

My friend brought me to this place b/c he said their po' boy sandwich is one I had to try. Came here on a Sunday and the jazz music was live, pumping, and good! Inside, you order your food at the counter and then find a seat. They had crawfish as their special and I could not pass up the opportunity, so I ordered a pound and my friend ordered the po' boy. Sipping on a cold beer while waiting, the jazz was in full swing.
The buzzer went off and I grabbed the food. The food was delicious. Will return in the future! :)

Reviewed June 14, 2016 via mobile

Being a fan of music, this place is best to visit. The ambience is good and this place always invites good musicians for a show.

Reviewed May 14, 2016 via mobile

Did you know you can bring food into the SAP center? This is where we like to grab it on the way in. Good selection of NoLa cooking and decent beer/wine selection as well. Long lines on game day and hard to find a table. We grab a beer while we wait and take the food with us to the game. You can add an extra order of meat for $3, even the sausage!

Reviewed April 13, 2016

Stopped here on our way to a concert at SAP. Good location, good atmosphere, good music. Food is just ok.