“Tasty ”

Good Karma Vegan Cafe
Order Online
Ranked #30 of 2,545 Restaurants in San Jose
Reviewed November 13, 2017 via mobile

I really liked how this restaurant had you pay beforehand and then they deliver your meal. That way you don’t have to wait for a waitress to bring your check. When you’re done eating - you just leave.

I had the basil tofu. The tofu was cooked to perfection – it was just the right texture. The sauce was yummy. I also enjoyed the beet salad. The portion size was just right. I did not leave hungry. They have a great selection of beers. The staff was friendly.

If I lived in San Jose I would be a regular at this restaurant.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed October 15, 2017

This place was introduced to me by my friend. I had most of my lunches here during my stay. I love the buddha bun and quesadilla. Everything on the menu is very good. The food is filling and light - that's the good part - you do not go with heavy stomach. Definitely recommend this place if want to try vegan options.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed September 26, 2017

Later evening eating. Had Kale Salad and it was good.
Small local fun vegan place. That is the best part about it! VEGAN!
They have a decent selection of beer.

Will go back!!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed September 23, 2017

Excellent service from friendly, helpful staff. The bartender explained the food menu and made recommendations. Food was very good and came quickly.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

I'm not a vegan or a vegetarian so my main purpose for going to Good Karma the first time was the beer and cider selection. Fantastic selection of all types of craft beer -many very hard to find ones. Never disappointed by what they have to offer. The website is up to date so you can check ahead.

On the second visit I sampled the food. It was excellent-good spice level and great flavors.

My favorite is dal and chana masala. The salads are all good as are the chocolate cake and mousse desserts.

Easily accessible by light rail. Get off on the Santa Clara stop. If you drive parking at the 2nd and San Carlos garage is suggested.

The only drawback to the place is that it is very small. I like it how it is but sometime I have to go somewhere else because it gets crowded and there is no place for 2 or more people to sit. They don't take reservations and there is always that one person sitting at a table where 3-4 can squeeze in.

I always try again and am pleased that I did. I will remain a regular here and highly recommend it if you are visiting San Jose.

Date of visit: June 2017