“Cool vibe, good vegan chow near conv. Center”

Good Karma Vegan Cafe
Ranked #44 of 2,206 Restaurants in San Jose
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Found this place on yelp and had lunch here while attending a conference. Lots of options on the combo plate, I had the Dahl, Jamaican jerk tofu and brown rice which was filling, tasty, and nicely spiced. Lots of beer on tap. I also got some Chinese buns to go which were great for lunch the next day. I would go back in a heartbeat!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

well worth the trip there and even your meat eaters will be pleased. It is hard to find a place to eat that caters to Vegan eaters and this one certainly does :)

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Yes, service is slow and poor...I think employees are stoned or meditated too much. Yes, there is almost no room to sit. Yes, on some nights they have the worst and loudest music playing. Yes, the parking is horrible in downtown San Jose. But the food is absolutely the best vegan I've ever tasted. This is where I tell family and friends to take me for every special event. Wish restaurant would do a cookbook. I have had $50 vegan/vegetarian meals a fancy restaurants that make me want to vomit. Those "chefs" really need to eat here and finally learn how to prepare healthy, tasty, affordable and filling vegan food. How do I handle the problems noted? I get carry out and take it home. And I always get extra for the next day to satisfy my addiction. I've eaten here many, many times (alone, friends, family, and as a couple) and will continue to do so.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I went on a weeknight and there was one couple in front of me and only one other diner eating. After waiting 20 minutes and no one even acknowledging my presence I walked out. There were two people behind the counter and although they appeared busy I really can't imagine what they could be doing with so few people. I surmised that the couple in front of me were waiting for their already ordered food. The food looked OK - nothing special or super creative as far as vegan cuisine. It was strikingly familiar to the hot bar at my local food coop. Only more expensive. Interior was a bit grungy but I could have overlooked that.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Before going on our roadtrip, we searched for places that are "safe" for our diet. This was among one of those on the list since most of our family is vegan. I ordered lentils. They were very spicy, but very tasty too! I didn't have to eat much here before I was full. We also order bao. Again, delicious! it was my favorite thing we ordered. If we are ever in SJ again, I will definitely stop by!