“great beer selection”

Good Karma Vegan Cafe
Ranked #51 of 2,198 Restaurants in San Jose
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I haven't had the food here, but have gone many times for a beer. They have a great craft brew selection, although they don't rotate as frequently as Original Gravity across the street. Still, they offer flights of 10 beers for $17 -- a great value, and an excellent choice if you can't make up your mind! One bad thing is that their beer board is often out of date so you have to go by the taps to figure out what they actually have.

There are newer reviews for Good Karma Vegan Cafe

Reviewed January 18, 2013

My daughter and I traveled from the East Coast and this was our first food stop. Excellent flavor! The people there were very kind. Good customer service.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

After staying at the Fairmont San Jose and being very disappointed with that experience, my business trip was rescued upon finding this great restaurant.

The food was great and the service was sincere and helpful. In other words, it was the polar opposite of my experience at the Fairmont.

If you're the type that thinks a great restaurant is solely dependent on ambiance, gobs of unhealthy animal based food items and persnickety waiters, then stay away. For the rest of us, you will love this place!

Reviewed November 2, 2011

This place is a real find! While the food is behind glass (and you can order 1, 2, or 3 dishes on your plate with brown rice), when it is heated up, it is excellent! I had the thai curry, the spicy basil tofu, and one other dish I can't recall the name of - but it was the one that was the "more peanut buttery one". They were all excellent. And they have multiple strong beers on tap - belgian strength, so be careful! I was not. It was fun.

By the way, I went with a non-vegan friend, and he was very happy!

While I did not get a chance to try it, they have vegan ice cream (coconut milk), and they also have music there regularly. Check their myspace page. Here is a link to a sample menu: http://tinyurl.com/3z2o565

Reviewed July 24, 2011

This place had pretty good food. But half way thru my wrap I had a HAIR IN MY FOOD!!! They did not seem to care at all. They said oh, sorry. We drove over four hours to visit the winchester mystery house, and I specifically found this place to eat being that we are vegans. My family had spent over $40 and they did not offer to refund my wrap or remake it. HORRIBE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! I would NEVER go back. Disgusting to have hair in your food! So if you do choose to go, pay attention to your food as your eating it :)