“Good neighborhood restaurant”

Cuisines: Chinese
“Good neighborhood restaurant”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Walnut prawns...
Great little neighborhood restaurant. Food is consistently good, reasonably priced, and while it's not, say, what you'd find in Chinatown, it's good for its own sake.
Walnut prawns...

Walnut prawns really are that good.
Staff is very friendly, and service is fast.

• Visited December 2013

“great food!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

the food is very tasty, have not had anything i did not enjoy. Staff is friendly and pleasant. sometimes delivery is slow.

Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite Chinese”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We go to Pearl River for their battered fried egg rolls; worth every extra calorie, and can be shared! We have known this restaruant at the intersection of Snell and Blossom Hill since we moved here fifteen years ago. Friday night delivery has been our weekly fare. Good chinese food, consistent quality and dine-in service is fast and friendly. New dishes are frequently added to the menu offerings.

Visited September 2013
Groveland, California
“good food”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

soups good and potstickers great; very accommodating for taking the food to go

Visited June 2012
San Jose, California
“Authentic enough for my palette, but not truly "authentic"”
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Ambiance: Clean. Modern oriental decorations. Modern furniture. Soft lighting. Serving dishes and dining dishes are served on non-traditional square-shaped plates, adding a touch of elegance to the dining experience.

Service: Hit or miss... usually a hit. Courteous and friendly. During my last meal there, I heard a customer complain about the texture of her chicken. The wait staff kindly offered a choice of correcting the dish or replacing it without hesitation.

Dining area: Medium-sized restaurant. Caters to smaller-groups. Mostly tables. Several booths. For larger parties, tables are combined to accommodate the party. Interesting layout. Separate bar area connected to restaurant with separate patrons.

Restrooms: Waiting for the restroom to open up is common, considering that the spacious restroom (I can only speak for the men's) accommodates only one. Just need to wash your hands? You'll have to wait in the hall if somebody else is using the restroom. Shared with the bar patrons too, I believe.

Food selection: Offers several dishes stemming from different areas from Asia, mostly Chinese. At first, the menu list is impressive. But the more I go there, I tell myself that the selection of food is modest. Good choices for appetizers. Not the run-of-the-mill Chinese restaurant.

Food quality: Good to very good. I haven't had a bad experience with their food at all. I haven't tried all of their food though. I'd recommend it to friends easily.

Food quantity: Decent. Depends upon my appetite, but I get my fair share of food. I've never left with the thought "That's it?"

Beverages: Refills offered... sometimes generously, sometimes only when requested. Don't drink your beverage all at once. The glasses are a bit on the skinny side, meaning less volume.