“Enjoyed my stay two years in a row.”

Wyndham Garden San Jose Airport
Ranked #56 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed July 31, 2009

I stayed at the Clarion last year and found it slightly better. My room was clean and quiet, once i requested a room away from the pool area and a very loud party. The breakfast is adequate, but come on! canned fruit in California in mid-summer! That really annoyed me.

There aren't enough staff members, so sometimes your telephone calls may not get answered right away, along with a very annoying voice mail system.

The pick-up bus from and to the airport was fine, quick and efficient and the drivers very friendly.

I would go again.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed June 24, 2009

I recently stayed here for one night after which I needed to check my bag at the front desk for about 9 hours (that morning until later that afternoon). When I picked up my bag my relatively new 5th generation iPod was missing. I'm certain I packed it as I brought it along specifically for the ride home and verified once home that it was not left behind before my trip.

I spoke with the manager, Kathleen, who was courteous on the phone and agreed to review the security tapes. After a week and a half delay, she finally claimed to have done so but said there was no evidence that it was their fault. Of course not. I'm not sure who else would be at fault given that it was in their possession the whole time, as she claimed. As such, she said they wouldn't be reimbursing me.

I can only assume my iPod became self-aware and motile.

It's too bad because this place isn't bad for the money, just don't leave your valuables unattended or they may be taken by sticky-fingered staff.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2009

The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. Very nice looking pool which is heated March to October. It included a free hot breakfast buffet which was good but not great. Plenty of parking as it also hosts long-term airport parking. Convenient location.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2008

We did the Park and Fly package and the first thing that was odd was that they wanted to keep the keys. When we returned from our trip after 6 days we found that ALL the windows AND the sunroof of our car was open. This was in the middle of winter so I am 100% certain that someone on the staff took our nice BMW for a spin or more. The staff was totally unresponsive and told me to call the police. But the car was on their property and they had the keys!!! So you all be the judge.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank ju2012
Reviewed December 12, 2008

We stayed at the Clarion using their park and fly package. They are located close to San Jose Airport and with the included shuttle, it is very convenient to park at the hotel and fly. We had a 6:30 AM flight on a Sunday and caught the 4:30 AM shuttle to the Airport. It was on time and dropped us off at our airlines check-in.

The hotel and rooms were very clean and perfectly suitable for an overnight stay. We ate dinner at the hotel restaurant and the food was very good too. They have a full bar and feature tropical menu items.

When we arrived at the airport a week later, We called the hotel and the shuttle was there to pick us up within 10 minutes. Back at the hotel, our car was safe and sound. All in all a very pleasent experience, and would certainly do it again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 17, 2008

I was looking for a decent hotel that had a park & fly package and after looking at several I decided on this property. The main attraction for me was the included " hot " breakfast, restaurant and lounge on property. This is a HUGE plus for me, as I hate having to go somewhere else to eat or have a cocktail when I'm only spending one night. We had dinner at the Island Grill and it was just o.k., but convenient. The lounge was decent; fair martini's but to me a little pricey considering that this is only a 3 star hotel. But as I have stated, convenience is at the top of my list. On weekend evenings there is a guitarist and later a dj. It get quite loud and not our scene, so we just went to bed.

The complimentary breakfast was pretty good, which surprised me. You had a choice of scrambled eggs, pancakes, sausage, potatoes, make your own waffels, cereal, yogurt & fresh fruit. Coffee, tee, o.j., and milk were included. Not too shabby!

Our room was in the very back, which is where we parked our vehicle. The room was tiny, but adequete for just one night. The bed was very comfortable and the staff was extremely friendly. The only noise I exerienced was some young women ( I assume " young " as it after 1am ) asking one another if the other was hungry. Besides cracking me up & reminding me of my youth...LOL, it didn't bother me and I just rolled over & went back to sleep.

The airport shuttle was prompt and a heck of a lot easier AND cheaper than long term parking. I highly recommend this property for this type need. I don't think I would want to stay here for more than a night or two, although the pool/jacuzzi were quite nice, and there is a little putting area. The location is also a plus, right off of hwy.101

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank foxyteacher
Reviewed October 3, 2008

We used the Park and Fly package. It was excellent.
You parked your car and took the keys. The shuttle
service was prompt and driver well trained. The van was new
and well maintained. There were refreshments for
an early morning departure. The staff was helpful and
polite. Cost of package was reasonable: one night hotel and
upto 14 days of parking included, additional days were available
at $5.00 dollars per day.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)