“Terrible Experience -Sleepless Night”
Review of Pavilion Inn

Pavilion Inn
Ranked #46 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I booked the Hotel through hotwire.com to stay on 20-Aug-2013. We are not a smoker. When we checked in, we were given Smokers Room and even after humble request to the front Desk Lady, we were given Smokers Room.

1. Room has a Terrible TOBACCO Smell and we could not sleep whole night. 2. As hotels was very close to the Free way. There was noise through out the night.

As we booked through hotwire, they will not accommodate any of our Request. At the time of leaving, person at the Front Desk did not care about anything. A really Terrible experience in San Jose. I would say, If you are with Family,Avoiding DAYS Inn is wise decision.

I will never STAY in DAYS INN.

As this our first sleepless night, we will be very careful selecting the HOTELS.

Room Tip: 1. Ask for room not facing Freeway. 2. Make sure, you book NON-Smoking room. 3. It is worth spendi...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Ravi M
Rose B, General Manager at Pavilion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Ravi,

As I explained in my email to you, when you book your reservation through Hotwire you can not select the room type you prefer, the property did not reserve you in a smoking room, Hotwire reserved you in a smoking room, all the property does is assign a room number. The property did not purposely put you in a smoking room, we held for you the room Hotwire reserved for you.

You requested to be changed to a non smoking room this was not an option the evening you checked in as we were sold out, if we have the availability we will change your room if you are unhappy, unfortunately this could not be done as there were no other rooms available.

Please let Hotwire know how unhappy you were with the room they reserved for you, the property again did not give you a smoking room because you booked through Hotwire, Hotwire reserved this room type for you and we held it for you.

When you book your reservation directly with the property you can reserve the room type you prefer, such as, smoking, non smoking, king bed or double queens. When you book through Hotwire you can not select the room type you prefer nor can you select the number of beds you would prefer, this is why they offer such deeply discounted rates.

May I suggest in the future calling the property directly to make your reservation to be sure you receive the room type you prefer.

Thank You for your comments and I hope this clears up the misunderstanding regarding booking with Hotwire.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 19, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 9, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ccramerusc
Rose B, General Manager at Pavilion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Reviewed August 5, 2013

The staff was friendly and the room was clean although smelled very strong of air freshener. The breakfast was minimal and not fresh. My problem was the party going on under my room. I didn't know it was my responsibility to monitor the activity of other patrons, so it wasn't until after midnight that I finally complained and after 1 am before noise quited down. I asked for a discount and the manager said no - that I should have called sooner. Oh well, live and learn.

Room Tip: Ask before they book you on the freeway side.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Rose B, General Manager at Pavilion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Parties are not allowed on property at any time whatsoever, when a guest complains of noise coming from another room it is our responsibility to take care of the issue which is what occurred in this case, if for any reason you are not satisfied please notify the front desk immediately as to your concern and we will correct the issue at once.
Breakfast is Continental and is served fresh every morning starting at 5am, I am sorry to hear you were disappointed. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

After an agonizing week it took me to pick a place to stay, we chose this motel. Although it was 10-15 minutes away from where my family lives, I think I chose a good motel. My family and I stayed here for 3 nights and we had zero problems. We had a very late check in (11 pm), so our room was located in the back of the motel. I would have preferred a room in the front of the motel due there is only parking in the front of the motel, transporting 3 children that were exhausted and sound sleep between my spouse and I was a bit worrisome but nonetheless we dealt with it. We did not have problems with the noise from the highway. The rooms were nice, the linens could have been a little more softer but overall we had a decent stay. The staff was pleasant and the lobby was very nice. The breakfast was basic. We would probably stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

We are glad to hear you were satisfied with your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I have stayed at this location several times in the past, but never in the rooms where the door or window face the 880? highway.
The noise at all times, non stop during the night is beyond what I would like or allow. There has to be considerable improvements made to the windows and doors to keep the noise level down. I would probably not visit again this property because of the risk of getting one of these rooms again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

We have very few complaints regarding freeway noise, if you would like a room facing the parking lot please let us know and if available we will be happy to honor your request in the future.