“Having a wonderful stay”
Review of Pavilion Inn

Pavilion Inn
Ranked #44 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Hilo Hi
“Having a wonderful stay”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I read a few negative reviews but ignored them and stayed here anyway. The staff is excellent. The rooms are a bit dated but very clean. If I had to complain about anything it would be more choices on the breakfast menu. The thing I find amazing in alot of others reviews is that people dont seem to know that you get what you pay for. Dont stay in a two star hotel and expect a 5 star experience. If you want 5 stars then pay for it. Dont stay in a budget friendly place and leave bad reviews because you expected more then you paid for. For the price I paid, I got exactly what I expected and the bonus of a great staff.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank hawaiisunrise

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Finnish first
Carleton Place, Canada
Reviewed January 31, 2012

The Days Inn Airport does not have shuttle service to the airport, so I’m not sure why it is called, this. We arrived at 1am and you use the phone outside the door to contact the Reception. He was quick to open the door and had me checked in, in no time. He was also very friendly. The room was clean and spacious. I did not hear any outstanding noise…only normal traffic noises, in the morning. The free WiFi worked great. We were late for the Continental Breakfast, but the Manager was great to get us coffee, muffins and bananas…she offered to get us cereal, also. The breakfast room is quite large and clean, with lots of tables and toaster. I would recommend this motel and would stay here again. We parked in a Park and Save Airport shuttle parking lot and it was only ½ mile from the Days Inn Airport.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JudyandRonAdventures
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed May 21, 2011

The company I was visiting and I double booked accommodations. I was at the Days Inn long enough to shower and then checked out. They refused to refund any portion of my multi-day reservation. Orbitz was willing to issue a partial refund. Days Inn was not per their manager Rose. Given their lack of flexibility combined with the room I was provided having a view of cars passing on the freeway a few yards from the window to my room, you may want to spend you hotel dollars elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank bartman4
Modesto
Reviewed October 4, 2010

The front desk makes staying here worthwhile. When I arrived, I told the clerk I had an early plane to catch. She asked for permission to schedule a taxi, set up a wake-up call and have the complimentary breakfast opened up half an hour early! The next morning, the breakfast was open early, we received a wake up call on time and the front desk clerk called the taxi company to make sure we were picked up on time. We received service above and beyond anywhere else we have ever stayed--including the 5 star resorts--we didn't have to ask! The room, which was clean and comfortable, cost under $100 per night, which is a tremendous value for the San Jose Area. The hotel is located near San Jose airport next to a freeway, but the noise was not excessive--you can request a room away from the fwy. We parked for free while on our trip; the hotel may start a park and fly program.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Modestotrekkerl
bishoros, General Manager at Pavilion Inn, responded to this review, October 6, 2010
Thank You for the wonderful review! We strive to make your stay as enjoyable as possible! Hope to see you again soon!
Philadelphia
Reviewed September 21, 2010

This was one of the worst hotel stays I've ever had. I'm not picky but this was brutal. The first room I was went too wasn't cleaned. I had to walk through a construction zone to get there. In the second room the alarm clock was broken. I called to get a wake up call but they messed it up due to the room change. The Expressway was right outside my "motel" room door so it was noisy. Other guests were noisy at 1am and woke me up. Oh, and the toilet ran non-stop. The last guest left a recommendation card in the room and his stay was worse than mine with the last line of his comment card reading "Terrible. Terrible. Terrible. " You would have thought they would have removed that from the room, but no they were that terrible.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank Nightmare514
I am sorry you had such a terrible experience,I am a little confused as we do not have any construction of any kind going on, I do not know what you are referring to when you state you had to walk through a construction zone, we are not under construction, as far as the other issues you experienced, please call the front desk in the future to let them know what issues you are experiencing so that we may have a chance to correct all issues.
Port Angeles, WA
Reviewed August 29, 2010

This was not the worst Motel we have stayed in, but it does rate among the bottom feeders. About the only positive thing I can say about this place is that the lobby area gives the appearance of relative cleanliness, and the manager was a good sport in giving us directions.

Other than that, it was hellish. The first room we were given was on the lower floor. The toilet backed up, and the rugs were stained. More disturbing, the door wound't close properly because it looked as if it had been kicked in.

After we complained, the manager seemed a bit peeved, but did give us a third floor room, where we could at least keep an eye on our car. The room (a non smoker) reeked of cigarettes, and there was no hot water in the morning, although oddly enough, there was hot water when we arrived.

The band across the street didn't quit playing until two AM, and we left about 4 hours later, happy to have escaped.

When we asked to have our money refunded, the online person declined, having first told us we could get a refund. It's fortunate that we put the room charges on a credit card, because we will dispute the services.

Please, save your money.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Caoimhe12
bishoros, General Manager at Pavilion Inn, responded to this review, September 5, 2010
I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your recent visit with us, please let us know the next itme you visit us when there is an issue so that we can correct it right away.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Horrible experience. Had a meeting in the morning so decided to stay with Days Inn since its a Wyndham Hotel. But a big no no for this place. They dont have a shuttle. No swimming pool. They rooms have that typical cheap motel type smell. There was nobody at the front desk and after waiting for ten minutes the lady comes back from her smoke break who was apparently not very happy to see me.. Breakfast in the morning was good. Rooms are right next to the freeway so very noisy.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
I am sorry to hear you had such a horrible experience due to the property not having a shuttle or pool, we will be operating a shuttle in the near future but as for a pool, we just do not have the space for one on the property, I am happy to hear you did enjoy breakfast!