“Better hotels nearby at this price point. Not up to HI Express standards” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites by Carlson San Jose International Arpt

Country Inn & Suites by Carlson San Jose International Arpt
Ranked #18 of 76 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bella Vista, Arkansas
“Better hotels nearby at this price point. Not up to HI Express standards”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2010

Hotel is old and musty. Refurbishment limited to bedding and television. Very dirty carpets, lampshades, old furniture. Dissapointing and not up to the standard I have come to expect from HI Express. Gold Priority Club member and will not be stating here again.

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank Mike W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sonora, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2010

We often stay at Holiday Inn Express when we travel because there are usually no surprises. The staff here was friendly and helpful. The decor is a little dated, but everything was clean and comfortable. As Priority Club members we are used to receiving a little extra at check-in, but there was nothing here. Also no morning newspaper. The breakfast was as expected except the bagel I had was definitely quite stale. Overall, it was a quick overnight business trip and the stay was acceptable, but certainly not memorable.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Silver Spring, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2010

TV was not working. I waited 1 hour to get help. Lights in bathroom was not working. Shower was not working either, 4am in the morning, once I put shampoo on my hair I had to use the bathtub faucet to rince it!. Front desk clerk "Deokie" ignored me for 10 minutes at checkout. I did not get a simple look or a "good morning" greeting. Deokie was busy with her computer instead. Deplorable .

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these San Jose hotels

Seattle, WA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2010

Normally I have been very happy staying in HIE hotels. Usually they are clean, new and pretty well run, especially for the price. For the price I don't expect 5-star service or ameneties, but I expect a clean, bright, new place that is efficiently run.
This HIE was anything but. Check in was OK if a little slow. When I got to my room I noticed that the bed appeared to be the only thing up to the HIE standard. The carpeting was stained and worn, the bathroom fixtures were outdated and dingy and the ventilaton system was the old type where you control it from the appliance at the window.

I slept poorly because I could hear everything from the room next to mine and from the room above. In addition, several alarm clocks went off in the early morning, apparently unattended, as they blared for over 30 minutes. My alarm clock on the other hand didn't go off at all (fortunately I had set the clock on my cell phone as well).

I was on a business trip so wanted to have a quick breakfast and get out. Little did I know how quick it would be. THe breakfast food was OK - standard HIE fare, but the breakfast room was so dingy and depressing I didn't stay any longer than I had to.

Overall the place was just run down. The hallways were dark and had stained carpeting and the lobby was more like that of a Motel 6.

I was very disappointed that this hotel is allowed to be part of the HIE franchise as it doesn't measure up at all.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Jenniferal
Huntington Beach, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2010

Stayed here on business. Just an OK place. Not much around the area as far as shopping or restaurants. Thanks goodness I wasn't there for a vacation. Strictly a place to sleep. The one morning I woke up and their were Police Investigators taping off rooms for a crime scene just 2 doors down from my room.

Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank HBBear
San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel at least 8 times a year for the last 2 years for business. Some of the reviewers here either don't travel often or they really don't know locations, for example "Doubleblowjo" . I'm not sure if you realize this but you must call once you have arrive at the airport to have their shuttle pick you up. If you feel you're that important to have a shuttle waiting for you, try the Fairmont Hotel Downtown San Jose and be ready to pay $200 plus for a room. Remember the Holiday Inn Express is a value hotel, key word "VALUE" . I feel that their price does reflect their value $100 or so for a room, $80 if you come in on a weekend. They would not get a 5 from me but a 4 is well deserve specially for their cleanliness.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2010

My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and decided to go to San jose. I had looked around for a package for the Winchester Mystery house and decided on Holiday Inn. It was 109 (123 inlu tax) for the room PLUS 2 tickets to the Winchester Mystery house. We were thrilled. The room was big, bathroom was big, and they were very friendly. The manager was nice as well as the young lady at the desk. Breakfast was good. Included bacon, eggs, cinnamon rolls, muffins, cereal. Basic but good and free! I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple