Holiday Inn Express San Jose Central City
$125
$110
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of $187/night.

Hampton Inn & Suites San Jose(San Jose)(Great Value!)
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $159/night.

The Westin San Jose(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$133
$127
Westin.com
Savings alert! 48% below average rates

The price you found is 48% lower than this hotel's average rate of $242/night.

Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of $194/night.

Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Airport(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$149
Courtyard
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $214/night.

Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$147
$139
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $212/night.

Hilton San Jose(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$169
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $215/night.

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport(San Jose)(Great Value!)
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $156/night.

Fairmont San Jose(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$189
$170
Fairmont.com
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $224/night.

Dolce Hayes Mansion(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$209
$143
Travelocity
All reviewshi expressmotel stylenice showerroom doorolder hotelvery pleasant stayrooms are cleancomplimentary breakfastmicrowavegymbedsidejetsfreewayclerk
Reviewed May 15, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a few nights when his grandmother who lived in the area unexpectedly passed away and we needed somewhere close to her house to set up camp. Unfortunately, we happened to arrive the day after there was a grusome murder at the hotel and were stuck because of lack of availability at other area hotels. But the police presence had for the most part cleared and we just had to suck it up. The hotel was clean and otherwise about what one should expect for a Holiday Inn Express at this price point. A little difficult to get in and out of because of a U-turn situation but ample parking and close to the highway so easy to get places in the area from the hotel. Wireless was fine. Bed was comfortable enough. Don't know that we would stay here again but since a particular circumstance brought us here, it's not that I wouldn't recommend to other travelers needing something similar.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Steve2660, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Jose Central City, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Thanks so much amznyc for writing a review about our hotel.Sure enough it has been a long while that you stayed with us but thanks so much for remembering to review your stay,eventhough it has been a long while.We at the Holiday Inn Express strive to work very hard to be guest ready everyday.When we receive nice compliments from guests like you, we get very excited and raise our benchmarks.Please come back to stay with us when you are back in the beautiful city of San Jose

Reviewed April 28, 2014

My flight landed in San Jose after 7P and I arrived at the HI Express around 7:30P to discover the hotel only had outward faced rooms. If I had known that all rooms faced outward I would never have booked at this hotel. In fact, the pictures on the hotel’s site did not show the outside of the hotel other than then main entrance therefore there was no way to know this fact before arriving. As a female traveling alone, I felt very uncomfortable. To add to my hesitancy to stay, the surrounding area appeared sketchy and there is a very large cemetery across the street. I voiced my concerns about safety with the staff and asked that my reservation be cancelled. Because it was after 6P, they stated that I would be charged for the room. Had they fully represented the hotel and I still booked, I would readily accept the charge. However, there was no way to know the hotel rooms faced outward until I arrived. It has been more than 2 months and they continue to refuse my refund. I am always safe and cautious, especially when travelling. In fact, my company’s primary motto is ‘Safety First’. I hope this post will help other travelers who are not aware of the hotel layout.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MissPrissyPants
Steve2660, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Jose Central City, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to put your thoughts about our hotel KB3815.We are really sorry about the way you felt about our hotel.The hotel has been very vividly represented and described in all the contents of all booking sources.We apologise if you skipped reading that and reviewed our hotel even without staying at the property and experiencing the services the hotel has to offer.We really want you to come stay with us and experience the comfort of our rooms and services we offer including the hot breakfast which is very popular with our guests
We do really value your business and thank you so much once again

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I was very happy with my business stay at this hotel. Here is what I liked and didn't like:

Pros

1. Loads of well lighted parking. No problem getting a spot.
2. The room was in great shape, had plenty of space and was very clean.
3. Bed and pillows were comfortable
4. Breakfast was as expected. Not fantastic, but just fine.
5. The price was a good value as compared to other nearby properties
6. The staff were friendly and helped me change my checkout date

Cons (only one)

1. The location is not in the "heart" San Jose. It is in a bit of an industrial area. That was no problem for me, as it was located near where I was working. But it is not in a good location if you want to walk to shopping or restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you so much Roberto for taking time to write a wonderful review about our hotel.We really appreaciate your kindness.Our guest reviews make us raise our benchmark and we treat our reviews as our evaluation.We thank you for your stay while we know you have so many choices in San Jose.You made the right choice in staying with us..thank you once again and please come back and stay with us again while visiting San Jose

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Spacious, clean and well maintained rooms. Comfortable bed and good quality linen. All essential items like Microwave, Fridge, Iron + ironing board, Coffee maker and a Safe were in place and in working order. All staff were friendly and courteous. Check-in and check-out went smoothly. Breakfast was tasty which included hot items as well as fresh fruit. Wired internet was a bit slow but it worked. Clean, well lit and adequate parking facilities. Our family, which included two toddlers found this place both convenient and comfortable and one we would recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thanks so much BSS2 for such a wonderful review of your stay at our hotel.We really appreciate your kindness.My team has been really delighted as you made their day by recognising their hardwork.Hope whenever you come to San Jose,you will choose to stay with us.Thanks you so much once again

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Good room deal, Clean, good customer services, good free breakfast, convenient safe box in room, comfortable hotel in good location, clean parking lot, nice outdoor swimming pool, close to everything, enjoyed staying here, will recommend and be back one day

Stayed: April 2014
Steve2660, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Jose Central City, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thanks so much Tracie L for your wonderful review regarding your stay at our hotel.We really do appreciate your kind words and we highly value your business
Please come and stay with us when ever you are in town