“Nice hotel, clean rooms, friendly staff, comfy beds.”

Holiday Inn Express San Jose Central City
Ranked #30 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Central Illinois
“Nice hotel, clean rooms, friendly staff, comfy beds.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2011

Very nice hotel, we stayed 4 nights. When we arrived the staff was very friendly. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. The beds were very comfortable and had a variety of pillows to choose from for picky people. Our room was cleaned every day just as it was the day we arrived, no shortcuts. There is complimentary bottled water replenished daily, and some snacks to begin your stay. The breakfast wasn't that great, but it was free. There are several restraunts around if you prefer something better. I tried the exercise room out, the elliptical and treadmill are of gym quality, I did not use the other equipment to rate it. The location was great. It was easy to get to from the airport, and was pretty easy to get to from all the interstates. I know when I was checking tripadvisor about other hotels in San Jose I noticed some said they felt unsafe. I did not feel this way at all here, seemed to of been in a good part of town. Not sure how the pool/hot tub were since it was chilly and raining outside when we stayed. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Chl0e01

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Korean first
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2011

I have traveled all across the world, for business and personal, staying at the nicest hotels available in NYC, London, Sydney, etc. and I would have to rate my experience at this hotel in the Top 20, all time. Two words: Customer Experience. On the surface, it's your average, dependable Holiday Inn Express. But, I swear I was treated like a king from the moment I arrived. I landed relatively early (before 11am local) on a flight and had a lot of work to do so I went straight to the hotel hoping I might get into a room then, so I could connect to the Internet and have a quiet desk, versus get stuck in a noisy coffee bar with sticky tables. The reception clerk immediately served me, was friendly, welcoming, not overly chatty, and gave me my room, no hesitation. The lobby, parking lot, and room were impeccably clean - I mean spotless. Within 5 minutes of arriving, a friendly maid had delivered a tray of goodies to me (see the attached photo - that's better than I have received at some urban hotels that were FIVE times the nightly rate!) that included a bucket of ice, a paper, and several munchies, including 2 warmed up chocolate chip cookies. The next morningwhen I had to leave early (just after 6am local), the breakfast area was warm and inviting, stocked, well-organized, and clean - the food great. I've often stayed at Holiday Inn Expresses through the years, frequently with my family, so I've seen many of them - and this location is at the top. Thank you to the management for doing such a great job. Next time I'm in San Jose, this location will *definitely* be first choice on my list.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank FromATX
SteveGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Jose Central City, responded to this review, March 8, 2011
Thank you so much,your kind words helps us to strive for the best all the time
Abbotsford, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2011

We travelled to San Jose with my daughters hockey team. A total of 37 of us stayed, including 16 - 13 to 15 year old girls. I have never had such a fantastic experience. From booking the rooms to check out, the staff was exceptional. They went above and beyond for us. Fulfilled all our needs with smiles, let us use the foyer of the motel for a team dinner, and gave us printed directions to any location we asked for as well as recommendations for great places to eat. You will not find more helpful and friendly staff at another hotel anywhere.

I can't say enough about the staff and management. They are kind and helpful. We will gladly stay with them again.

Thank you to the Holiday Inn Express San Jose Central City for making this a memorable trip. Ten thumbs up!

• Stayed January 2011
3 Thank HIESJROCKS
victorville ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2011

After traveling for over 24 hours with 50 high school students, I was pleased to end the evening at the Holiday Inn Express in San Jose. I was greeted with a friendly staff member that had our 17 rooms ready to go. Good things because we were exhausted. The breakfast was amazing. (Holiday Inn Express takes the crown for the best breakfast on our four day trip.) I loved the biscuits and gravy and the cinnamon rolls. Yummmm.... Steve (the manager) was a pleasure to work with and provided the most competitve prices in the San Jose area. Thank you for the welcome baskets on each bed. (cookies, water, popcorn, fruit, granola bars, chips, etc.) That was a surpirse and we all love it! We will return on our next trip!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank shannenavila
los angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2010

We have an extenuating circumstance that makes my husband and I have to cancel our trip. The hotel manager said we can cancel the trip if it is medical reason.(through third agency) When we call back with our reason, they reject to give us any refund doesn't matter what circumstances we have!! They did't even try to listen to us! (through third agency)

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Brookings, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2010

Parts of San Jose can be very scary so I was nervous. This seems to be a newer hotel and I felt comfortable with the neighborhood.
The room was spacious and clean. Free breakfast is free so you can't complain.
The best thing I'd have to say is the staff. I thought some of the other reviews were over exaggerative, but this crew really does make you feel welcome.
This will be where I stay in San Jose from now on.

I did have to fashion a McGruber device to hold the darker curtains closed because I don't like light shining in at night. So bring some sort of clipping device.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
5 Thank pamela c
Gilbert, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2009

There was 10 of us, eight of which were adults and two teenagers, that stayed in three rooms for two nights. The rooms were great with "not too hard" hotel room beds that you normally seem to find and with extra option pillows that were "soft" or "firm." Each bed had four pillows and extra were already provided in the rooms. The breakfast was great with "hot" options and with eggs everyday and served our differences and needs with many varities for all ten of us for breakfast. The staff was very friendly and helpful especially on Tuesday, December 29th. All ten of us would come a stay again and would recommend it to anyone. Great price and service!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family