“Lower Rate, Average Room”

Wyndham Garden San Jose Silicon Valley
Ranked #37 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I booked this hotel because it was the cheapest SPG hotel in the area for the dates I needed. I figured out it used to be a Holiday Inn when I put in the address and my iphone recognized it as a Holiday Inn. It looks more like a former hacienda though.

If you are looking for a safe, clean, relaxing place to stay, you've found it. If you are nitpicky and can't deal with scratches on the furniture, look elsewhere. I enjoyed my two day stay. I was always greeted with a smile by the staff. I never heard any of the other guest or maids banging around or vacuuming. I was able to sleep until 9 with no problem and was on the second floor over looking the pool.

This hotel has huge floors, i.e 80-100 rooms per floor, so if you get a room like 357 for example, be prepared to walk a LONG way down the hallway. The Internet was quick and always worked. The shower was hot and the fridge in the suite I was upgraded to, although old, kept my left overs cold and my ice cream frozen.

I went for a walk around the office park and up the hill to a public park for a quick morning stroll while everyone was fighting traffic. The area is very tranquil and beautiful.

This is obviously an older hotel, but they have done a decent job of fixing it up.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I ended up at this hotel because my client's travel agency booked me there. It's away from everything, which could be a plus or a minus, depending on your perspective. The huge parking lot was full, so I guess it's popular enough, but that may be for the bar across the parking lot. The room was actually a suite, and was quite large. There was a slight smell of stale smoke (whether from a previous guest or coming in from somewhere, I don't know), though, which kind of ruined the air quality for me. I kept the fan on high, despite the noise level.

The odd thing was that in the bedroom, there was nowhere to hang clothes. I mean nowhere - no closet, no rod, no hangers. There was a room-length dresser with cloth pull-out baskets, but I wasn't about to use those - who knows what previous guest put something gross in them? - so I hoisted my suitcase up onto the dresser top and left everything in there.

The room service was VERY slow - I waited over an hour and had to call twice because they were busy at the bar - and the food was basic pub food: deep-fried everything. Because I'm gluten and dairy free, I thought I wouldn't be able to find anything on the menu that wasn't covered in batter, so had a salad. And the second night, I ate before I went to the hotel.

For two nights, it was OK, but I would never choose this hotel of my own volition.

2  Thank rahelab
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Arriving late in the evening at San Jose airport and continuing to San Francisco the next day, my wife and I stayed for one night at the Four Points - perfect choice. The location is very convenient, about 20 mins by car from San Jose airport, and very close to the highway. The factory outlets at Gilroy are also a 20 mins drive, San Francisco about one hour, provided traffic is ok.
Our room was clean, modern and functional. Check-in/out friendly and fast. Breakfast is served in a restaurant across the parking lot, with sufficient choices. Overall, a very convenient hotel if you need a place to stay while passing through the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, not facing the parking lot or nearby highway.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jtkJakarta
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Wyndham Garden San Jose Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We're happy to hear our hotel and restaurant met your expectations for your stop-over on your way to San Francisco. Cheers!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Dated decor (bedside phone for example out of order), the $50+ each way cab fare to the city and fact that internet connection is hit-and-miss makes it a-not-so-smart option for business travellers. The restaurant isn't great and it's the only eatery within reasonable walking distance. The bar shuts at 10:00, there is no bar fridge in King Delux so if you are a big drinker you might not find it very comfortable. That said, it makes up some of the shortcoming with very nice staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Wyndham Garden San Jose Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for the review. We appreciate the feedback about the internet and the décor. We do mention on our site the cab fare prices and the hours for our restaurant and bar. We are glad to hear you received good customer service. Again, thanks for writing us a review.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times this year and each time it is about the same.
The hotel staff are exceptional, the daytime staff at the front desk are among the best I have had the pleasure of dealing with throughout the SPG chain. The night staff were a bit lacking in their ability to offer outstanding customer service, the woman checking me in argued with me that I was not an SPG Gold member despite my Gold card that I showed upon check-in.
The rooms are a typical Holiday Inn decor and quality. The wallpaper is peeling, the bathrooms are tired and not always functioning properly (leaking taps and showers). That being said, the bed is amazing and a true Sheraton quality, I always sleep like a baby when I stay here.
I choose this property for the value, when I book last minute or all other properties in the Bay Area are over $300/night this Four Points is under $200 and usually always has space. Certainly not recommended for couples looking for a romantic night out, but functional and acceptable for business purposes and passing through.

1  Thank metta_bhavana
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband & I had a conference scheduled last week at Heritage Theatre in Campbell. Although we got the rooms from another site that lets you know where you're staying AFTER you pay, this is what we got, and I'm SO GLAD we did! First off, I ALWAYS read reviews on Trip Advisor about the hotel PRIOR to arriving at my destination. That being said, I was 'holding my breath' because of what I read previous to our stay...It was a fantastic location for us! Just off the freeway on a frontage road, yet quiet. It took 15-20 min. to get to Heritage Theatre & Japantown in San Jose. As soon as I walked into the beautiful lobby, it smelled so clean & fresh that I asked (and found out) what scent they use as an air freshener! FREE PARKING ( a BIG plus for us ), and our room was large, quiet & comfortable. The A/C worked great.The bed was VERY comfortable with quality cotton sheets. We were given a complimentary breakfast voucher to the restaurant next door. At 7AM when we arrived at the restaurant (and they knew we had 'vouchers') they began cooking AS we were seated! Breakfast was; FRESH (not frozen) fruit bowl, bacon, scrambled egg, OJ, coffee, diced potatoes & toast. All piping hot & delicious! As we were eating, we noticed another 'lodger' come in & ask what was for breakfast. When told, he turned up his nose & left. I wondered aloud if he had read a negative review and said so to my husband, adding "He missed out."...There was no one else in the restaurant but us, so service was EXCELLENT. We stayed two days. Yes, there were pencil outlines around our toilet paper holder in our room (207) bathroom AND there are obvious seams on the wallpaper there also... Whoever did the bid for the remodel job did POOR work, but that wasn't a big deal to us. We were comfortable & slept well. It's obvious to us that management takes to heart feedback and effort has been put forth to improve (with what they have to work with). We would stay here again in a heartbeat, even if we were traveling to San Francisco! This WAS just what we were HOPING for!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MJ T
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This Hotel is like the last exit leaving San Jose going South. Less expensive then Gilroy for the Garlic Festival. Gilroy is about a 20 minute drive. Very Nice Hotel with really comfy beds. Nice bathrooms with all the goodies.Nice Lobby. One free bottle of water. No fridge, Family Steak house shares the parking lot. Just a couple miles down the road are lots of eating establishments, grocery store and starbucks. This is far South San Jose...Did not use spa or pool.

Room Tip: Bottom floor, Close to Lobby. Like d the location.