Wyndham Garden San Jose Silicon Valley
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Fitness center
View Hotel
White House Inn(San Jose)
  • Pool
All reviewsnice lobbybusiness centerbed was very comfortabledinafreeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 23, 2013

checked in for first time and mentioned room service and they said they would take my order right there and send to the room. I thought that was pretty neat, a good start!? An hour and a half later, no food? called down and they apologized that they had sent it to the wrong room and sent it up and comped it, which helped. I then placed an order for the next morning that never showed!? I finally had to leave and at least I was not charged but at least they were consistent:)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Wyndham Garden San Jose Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We apologize for our mix-ups on your room service orders. We have discussed this with the team to ensure we are aligned. We hope you'll give us another try in the future so we can make it right.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I did a stopover at this property to check it out. Booked a C&P night the day before. Everything appeared normal with the booking and confirmations. While checking in they confirmed a roll-a-way bed that I did not request. Easily taken care of, but concerned me. They also asked if I wanted my folio by eMail and I said yes (got the bill that night).

Lobby was huge and plenty of places to sit (only staff cleaning in the area the anytime I was in the lobby). I did see the microwave off to the right from the front desk in an obscure location. To the left of the front desk was a "mini market" (a bank of shelves and cold case) for food and snacks. Looked like a nice selection.

Only one (of two) elevators working. Rear door was opening as I entered for a staff member. Caught me off-guard at first, didn't know if he was going to exit or not. Only three floors with LONG hallways! Was a hike to my room but I was only halfway down the hall.

The room was typical Four Points, with a large TV and work desk. Night stands had power-strips for charging devices bedside. Only two outlets at the desk (one high and one below). I didn't need either so I was fine. WiFi was strong and worked fine. No password needed. The bed was very comfortable. I did not hear anything from other rooms, but they didn't look very busy (maybe a dozen cars in the lot overnight).

I did not use the restaurant or room service on-site (across the parking lot), but opted to drive past the freeways (two merge there, 101 & 85). Many choices once you get on Bernal and near the shopping malls. Nothing within walking distance in my view.

The next day I got a second eMail folio showing a zero balance. Not sure why they sent the first. Scared me when I saw the second but all was well.

Overall, I was pleased and satisfied. If I have a reason to be in the area again, I would consider staying.

Room Tip: The wings are VERY long with elevators in the middle. If a long walk down a hall is bothersome ask for a room closer to the elevators.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We needed a quiet place to stay after a day of shopping in Gilroy. It is about 20 min away, right off the freeway The room was comfortable and we loved the power strip on the side of the end tables So easy to plug in the phones, iPad, etc. someone put some thought into that.

• Stayed: April 2013
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Wyndham Garden San Jose Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We're glad you could rest and relax at our hotel after a busy day of shopping. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Food choices are limited, but restaurant staff was very friendly and accommodating. Rooms were a good size, but walls were thin. Still need some upgrades in order to get to Starwood standards, but the stay wasn't horrible.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Wyndham Garden San Jose Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We recently opened the hotel and are working hard to meet guest expectations. We will share your feedback at our next team meeting and extend your kudos to our restaurant associates.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just spent $60 on an unplanned cab ride. Apparently, the hotel stopped offering free shuttle pick ups from the SJ Airport. When we checked we were told the manager is still working on taking the 'free shuttle' ammenity off the website. When we asked to speak to the manager we were told The pool is out of service and there's no restaurants near by.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Diana M

We are terribly sorry that you had an unexpected travel expense from the airport. We recently opened the hotel and are working diligently on the pool. We hope you give us another try in the future.