“Very good” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lurago D'Erba, Italy
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Good position, 15 minutes away from downtown San Jose (by bus). Big rooms, clean, with all you can need. Many power plugs. Free WiFi. The staff was polite and helpful. I didn't have the opportunity to notice anything about the neighborhoods, cause I have been out for all the days of my stay. Very close to the airport too (Mineta International Airport), so that the cab trip charge is lower than 35$.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Fabio M
ClarionSJC, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Silicon Valley, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Fabio,

We are very pleased that you had planned and executed an memorable stay in San Jose. We very much appreciate your kind words to detail all those facets that made your time here successful. We are updating the hotel in a significant fashion and appreciate the time and effort you took to show us off.

Have a safe journey and enjoy your travels.

Regards,

J Smith
408 972 2200
Presidents Inn San Jose - Capitol Caltrain Station

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
West Sacramento
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

After reading some of the prior comments I was a little worried about what the room would be like. We had a very difficult time finding a room in San Jose on the night that we wanted because we waited too long to book. However, I was pleasantly surprised that our room was spacious, the carpet looked relatively new, the room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. We had a nice large flat screen TV with Direct TV channels, a microwave, refrigerator, free wi-fi and coffee pot in the room. For only $114 a night, I was very pleased with our stay. The neighborhood was not the best but other than that we would have no problem recommending the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank SueD-M502
ClarionSJC, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Silicon Valley, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Dear Respected Traveller and Guest,

We truly appreciate your recognition on our social review site. Sounds like you had a fun trip and enjoyed your time in San Jose. We will continue to provide you with great service and are actively addressing the issue of a fresh outlook to the property.

Come again.

John Smith
Snoqualmie, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I usually read a lot of reviews before I pick a hotel but I didn't see anything about how this hotel was in a bad part of the town. As we were driving to the hotel, my mother in law who was in another vehicle behind us decided to turn right instead of following us. We ended up turning into the ampm that was 2 blocks away to wait for her. Well according to my husband, we parked next to a vehicle that looked like they were doing a drug deal :/ Hmm ok. We got a hold of my mother in law and she said she was already at the hotel, so we leave. When we get to the hotel, the receptionist tells us that we should make sure that we take EVERYTHING out of our car. My mother in law says "even the stroller?" and the receptionist said "EVERYTHING" Ok so we take all of our stuff out of our car then. The hotel itself was fine. Everything was dated, but it was fine. The beds and the carpets were clean which was good. The chair however though had a bunch of crumbs in the button holes. The bathroom wasn't cleaned very well though, there were a lot of hairs on the counter, some were short and curly which makes me wonder...The room had a coffee maker, fridge and microwave. The fridge had a separate freezer compartment which was good because I was actually able to get water bottles frozen since we were driving to Disneyland the next day. The breakfast was a typical continental breakfast, cold cereal, toast, bagels, waffles, juice, coffee, and tea. We paid almost $100 for the one night there and I feel like it was too much. We stayed at 4 different hotels on our trip and this one was the worst and the most expensive and it was in a bad neighborhood. All in all the room itself served its purpose, we had a clean bed and a place to shower. However for the price and considering the neighborhood I would not stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank kwanjai206
Dear Guest,

We are truly sorry to hear that your guest experience did not meet our high standards. We can understand your dissatisfaction and apologize for that. We will bring immediate attention to these issues and resolve them.

J. Smith

Travelers are raving about these San Jose hotels

St. Louis, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Knowing I would not have a car during two nights in San Jose, I was attracted to the notion that this place, while a little more expensive than some, is on the Caltrain line, as I was coming through town on Amtrak. It is indeed on the line, but only for very limited early morning and night stops on WEEKDAYS, and I learned it the hard way, arriving on a Saturday night! Otherwise, the place was nicely-appointed, with a good room and breakfast. Most of the staff were fine, but some didn't want to be bothered.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
ClarionSJC, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Silicon Valley, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear Esteemed Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share on our social media site. We are truly sorry you did not receive the attention to helping you understand the CALTRAIN schedule from our Capitol Station. We are truly pleased to hear that you we're so excited to use the Caltrain Commuter Train service. We will find ways to incorporate the limited nature of service times on our in room gsd, guest reception and virtual directory at www.clarionbayarea.com Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We look forward to your return.

I have also shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words and will work on a more receptive attention. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We have thoughtfully prepared and maintained in room convenience appliances, premium entertainment and an upscale décor for our SMART Money guests. We are impressed with you choosing us.

Presidents Inn San Jose
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

this motel is located near the san jose fleamarket. So if you like to look for antics and collectablescthis is the place to be. The entrance of the motelbis on the highway but the main bulding id back of thecroad. rooms are very large very well equipated. Small kitchen. Great flat screen and wifi free. Breakfast is classic for usa. But you may enjoy it on terrasse. Staff is very kind.
I defenetly recommand this hotel

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank momososo
ClarionSJC, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Silicon Valley, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Esteemed Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share on our social media site with such positive feedback! It's comforting to know that guests are enjoying our unique locale established in San Jose since 1989. The San Jose Flea Market is a big part of early and recent San Jose Culture. Kudos to you for getting out there.

I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We have thoughtfully prepared and maintained in room convenience appliances, premium entertainment and an upscale décor for our SMART Money guests. We are impressed with you choosing us.

Presidents Inn San Jose
Newbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My daughter and I spent 10 nights at this Inn. The Inn is located near the town centre which is ideal. Rooms were clean and well decorated. The Staff were friendly and helpful. McDonalds, KFC, Burger King, Taco Bell, Steak House, next door Café all within a short drive. It was a pleasure to stay there.

Room Tip: There are smoking rooms and non smoking rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank gene a
ClarionSJC, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Silicon Valley, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share on our social media site with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I visit the Campbell CA area a few times a year. I have stayed at several hotels over the years (Campbell Inn, Bristol, Carlyle, even Hayes Mansion) and this one was the best hands down. I travel by myself so am interested in someplace with good value, comfortable beds, clean, and where I feel safe. This hotel delivers all that and more. As part of the Choice Hotels group, I used the great bargain rate of the 30% off Fall speacial. This beat any rate on Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, or Travelocity.
I had a great room for 3 nights with a king size bed, free wi-fi, great LG flat screen tv. Free breakfast each day I stayed. Plenty of choices. Not a hot food selection buffet, but make your own waffle, and other typical continental breakfast items.
Each time I return to the area I fully intend to stay here again. Conveniently located just off Capitol Expressway. I didn't use the pool, but they do have a small one. If you want a resort size pool, then go to a resort, and pay resort rates. If you want great value, comfort, and a clean place to stay, then stay here. I know I am glad I did.

Room Tip: I stayed in Building A, right off the lobby. Rooms were as pictured on the website.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Comfort Suites Airport
Comfort Suites Airport
#41 of 76 in San Jose
3.5 of 5 stars 179 reviews

Been to Clarion Inn Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!