“Key fact was left out of website...”

Ranked #49 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersBronze level
St. Louis, MO
“Key fact was left out of website...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Knowing I would not have a car during two nights in San Jose, I was attracted to the notion that this place, while a little more expensive than some, is on the Caltrain line, as I was coming through town on Amtrak. It is indeed on the line, but only for very limited early morning and night stops on WEEKDAYS, and I learned it the hard way, arriving on a Saturday night! Otherwise, the place was nicely-appointed, with a good room and breakfast. Most of the staff were fine, but some didn't want to be bothered.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
ClarionSJC, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Silicon Valley, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear Esteemed Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share on our social media site. We are truly sorry you did not receive the attention to helping you understand the CALTRAIN schedule from our Capitol Station. We are truly pleased to hear that you we're so excited to use the Caltrain Commuter Train service. We will find ways to incorporate the limited nature of service times on our in room gsd, guest reception and virtual directory at www.clarionbayarea.com Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We look forward to your return.

I have also shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words and will work on a more receptive attention. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We have thoughtfully prepared and maintained in room convenience appliances, premium entertainment and an upscale décor for our SMART Money guests. We are impressed with you choosing us.

Presidents Inn San Jose

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

this motel is located near the san jose fleamarket. So if you like to look for antics and collectablescthis is the place to be. The entrance of the motelbis on the highway but the main bulding id back of thecroad. rooms are very large very well equipated. Small kitchen. Great flat screen and wifi free. Breakfast is classic for usa. But you may enjoy it on terrasse. Staff is very kind.
I defenetly recommand this hotel

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank momososo
ClarionSJC, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Silicon Valley, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Esteemed Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share on our social media site with such positive feedback! It's comforting to know that guests are enjoying our unique locale established in San Jose since 1989. The San Jose Flea Market is a big part of early and recent San Jose Culture. Kudos to you for getting out there.

I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We have thoughtfully prepared and maintained in room convenience appliances, premium entertainment and an upscale décor for our SMART Money guests. We are impressed with you choosing us.

Presidents Inn San Jose
Newbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

My daughter and I spent 10 nights at this Inn. The Inn is located near the town centre which is ideal. Rooms were clean and well decorated. The Staff were friendly and helpful. McDonalds, KFC, Burger King, Taco Bell, Steak House, next door Café all within a short drive. It was a pleasure to stay there.

Room Tip: There are smoking rooms and non smoking rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 796genea
ClarionSJC, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Silicon Valley, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share on our social media site with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

I visit the Campbell CA area a few times a year. I have stayed at several hotels over the years (Campbell Inn, Bristol, Carlyle, even Hayes Mansion) and this one was the best hands down. I travel by myself so am interested in someplace with good value, comfortable beds, clean, and where I feel safe. This hotel delivers all that and more. As part of the Choice Hotels group, I used the great bargain rate of the 30% off Fall speacial. This beat any rate on Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, or Travelocity.
I had a great room for 3 nights with a king size bed, free wi-fi, great LG flat screen tv. Free breakfast each day I stayed. Plenty of choices. Not a hot food selection buffet, but make your own waffle, and other typical continental breakfast items.
Each time I return to the area I fully intend to stay here again. Conveniently located just off Capitol Expressway. I didn't use the pool, but they do have a small one. If you want a resort size pool, then go to a resort, and pay resort rates. If you want great value, comfort, and a clean place to stay, then stay here. I know I am glad I did.

Room Tip: I stayed in Building A, right off the lobby. Rooms were as pictured on the website.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank THRUSH_1
Dear Guest,

Walnut Grove, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

The location is great to get anywhere in San Jose Rooms are spacious and the beds are comfortable. This is my third time here and I have not encountered any problems. Everything is clean too.
They have all amenities with a pool and Jacusi
If there is any thing to be concerned with is leaving the hotel grounds as the immediate neighborhood is a little seedy.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank ojodoc
ClarionSJC, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Silicon Valley, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Respected Guest it is our pleasure to have the opportunity to provide you with hospitality service. Thank you for your thoughtful and appreciative thoughts. We are pleased you had a memorable trip. We look forward to your return.
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Located in a rough area. The pool was closed. There are water leak damaged on the ceiling in the bathroom. The carpet is dirty. When you look out the window, you will see the area behind the building has piles of dry leaves and trash. The internet connection was not working but the WiFi is.But the people behind the counter are very helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
We regret your experience. There are a few buildings in the area that are now closed due to financial reasons. They are being redeveloped into elite nursing homes and retail marts. These are all circumstances out of our control. This is a haphazard review of our well established hotel.

Travelers are raving about these San Jose hotels

Long Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

My fiance and I recently took a roadtrip up the California coast. Of the three hotels/motels that we stayed in, the Clarion Inn Silicon Valley was probably the nicest. We got a room by the road that featured a microwave/fridge combo, a large sink vanity, a flat-screen TV, and decent furnishings. My fiance particularly appreciated the five pillows on the bed (two different types for whatever your preference). I appreciated the shampoo, conditioner, and lotion set. The other motels only gave us one bottle of a shampoo/conditioner combo. In the morning, they had a continental breakfast featuring varying pastries, juices, yogurt, and a waffle-maker (among other things) that was quite nice. All in all, the accomodations were above expectations.

Unfortunately, however, our stay was interrupted by a break-in in the room next door. While I can't really blame the management for that, I will say that they handled the issue to the best of their capabilities. Luckily, no-one was harmed as the grid structure in the window prevented anyone from coming in the room. The couple next door got an immediate room upgrade, and a glass-repair truck was outside by breakfast time. It was an unfortunate incident, but was handled properly.

Room Tip: We got room 105. Sensitive sleepers might not like the outside highway noise. There's also a d...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ClarionSJC, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Silicon Valley, responded to this review, June 10, 2013