“One of my favorite Hilton hotels!”
Review of Hilton San Jose

Hilton San Jose
Ranked #10 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Westlake Village
“One of my favorite Hilton hotels!”
Reviewed January 17, 2011

The staff is incredibly welcoming. The hotel is well run, very clean and has all of the comforts that you expect of a Hilton. I stay here every week and absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Korean first
Roswell, New Mexico
Reviewed January 17, 2011

I had a chance to fly into San Jose and drive to Watsonville, CA. The vitas are fantastic, and this part of California is beautiful. On my return I stayed at the Hilton downtown. A wonderful location, and very easy to get too. I was greeted as is customary for the great Hilton service, and was checked in without issues as I was greeted as a Hilton VIP. Wonderful food, great lounge, and relaxed affair. I must go back!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Monrovia, California
Reviewed December 28, 2010

Spent the days before and day after Christmas here. Not often that we find such genuine service during a family holiday period. The grandkids loved to visit, the staff was always smiling and offering to help. As long as our kids live in the Bay area, we’ll make this our home away during the holiday.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
West Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed December 27, 2010

I frequently travel to San Jose and the San Jose Hilton is my favorite place to stay. Its close proximity to the San Jose downtown area is attractive and the hotel staff makes me feel like home away from home. Whether it is the front desk, or morning breakfast waitresses, or the concierge, they are always attentive and willing to help, personable and friendly. The rooms are very clean and modern - recently updated and very attractive. The only negative is the fee ($19) for indoor garage parking.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
San Jose, California
Reviewed December 14, 2010

One of our friends gave us a complimentary gift certificate to use at the Hilton San Jose. Being local residents, we venture downtown regularly, grab a cab and make a night of it.

Get to the front desk, check in, and provide our gift certificate. I thought I'd press my luck and ask for a complimentary upgrade. The gentleman behind the desk tapped away on the keyboard, and within moments had us upgraded to the Executive Floor (17th) as well as complimentary access to the Executive Lounge.

We got to the room, and it felt rather "San Jose" simple, technical, utility and class. We dropped the bags and headed up to the Executive Lounge and enjoyed the honor bar, as well as the appetizers provided by the hotel. Most honor bars I've been to offer typical "well" type drinks, the ones that come complete with plastic bottles. This bar offered top shelf alcohol, was pleased with that. The lounge provided a "less is more" functionality with a beautiful view of downtown. Being a resident of San Jose, I realize we don't have much of a skyline compared to other major cities, but one of the best views we have to offer tourists :). No, i don't work for the Hilton.

We ventured to a nearby party, and felt very safe walking around the streets. We returned several hours later and felt welcomed by the Hilton's bright lights leading into their lobby, and light holiday decor.

We ordered late night room service. The gentleman answered the phone immediately, took my order, and within 20 minutes our order arrived perfectly. We travel a lot. To get your food hot in 20 minutes is unheard of. We especially enjoyed the chocolate cake :)

The room was quiet even with the bustling of volunteers preparing for the San Jose holiday parade below.

Woke up, called for our car, and visited the lounge for a warm breakfast with eggs, sausage, bacon, cereal assortments, juices, etc.

Headed downstairs, our car was at the door, valet with keys in hand.

Good times had by all.

There are a handful of decent hotels in the downtown area. I'd definitely return to the Hilton.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
San Jose
Reviewed November 12, 2010

I booked the HIlton for a three day job interview with a company. The room I had was great. Nice calm setting. The view wasn't spectacular, but for a place where it's nice, calm, and quiet, it's a good choice. Conveniently connected to the convention center and light rail, vta access points.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 8, 2010

My recommendation is simple... Stay at the Marriott. The hilton provides somewhat decent service but the Marriott trumps it.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business